eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

12 hours ago, richardmorris said:

Yes, but not in my quoted bit. Beware folks. Still £60k on a reliable daily car that’s done 700miles since seems a little weird.

Sounds like one of those things that seemed a good idea at the time,  but not once the conversion work was completed. 

14 hours ago, MarvinsMom said:

on a more serious note, what are coventry climax/hillman imp engines like for spares? since rootes/hillmans are bad for spare parts i'm guessing that there isn't much about for an imp, much less for a bond?

Imps are pretty well supported engine parts wise, their continued Motorsport pedigree helps greatly in that regard.  Mechanically these feature the complete Imp running gear and trailing arm set up. The front Suspension set up is quite interesting as it tilts - leaning the car in to corners to aid stability - theoretically! Its the bushings for this front end set up which wear and perish and are made of unobtainium. 

14 hours ago, scdan4 said:

Sixth former special with a rather staggering half million miles on the clock.

D86BA003-5E57-4D1F-8CD1-5D17CDBA929C.thumb.jpeg.56d7c61403eb37046deb88a89444b7e0.jpeg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F174108608624

HOLY SHITSNACKS! It's a GT too - super rare. Might have to snaffle this one up. Anyone want a 205 Dturbo?

13 minutes ago, spartacus said:

That Peugeot needs saving, then preserving. GIB.

Wonder where else it is advertised. Be interesting to see what sort of money they are asking  - it's a rare model, essentially a 5 door XS, so 205 enthusiasts (i.e. GTi owners) might be all over it. The mileage will surely put people off though?

I've just bought a 'survivor', if I hadn't I'd be trying hard to buy this. Inexplicably, (although possibly not on this forum), the mileage is just an added bonus to me. I could buy it safe* in the knowledge I'm owning and driving a vehicle of historic* significance*...

And yes, it's a GT.

I have to stop now, otherwise I may do something foolish.

18 hours ago, The Vicar said:

That is just fantastic.

4 minutes ago, doug said:

w8hb-395747ebe6be70b2339cd3b549be52e8c.jpg

Currently sitting at £410....which is about the right price.

https://auctions.synetiq.co.uk/auction/items/details/1995-ford-motorhome-7500cc-bike/8145

Oh, aren't modern scrap yards boring. No standing on the bonnet of one car whilst trying to remove bits from the one in front and above. Bloody health & safety.

As for the motorhome. Just love to buy that and stick "Vote Green Party" on the side. 7 1/2 litre US petrol should doooo wonders for global warming.