eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

This guy sounds good value

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Espace-2-L-petrol-manual-spares-or-repair-good-for-project-not-barn-find/163960537161

ground radicle breaking design

Will become really collectible as it loves speed on the M25, or going across country, (London- Bolton) often

Sadly:

s-l1600.jpg

Driving to Brighton the Heater matrix blew out. my mechanic has spent two attempts to change it, the rest of car is fine but French L/H build for R/H uk market has made this just too expensive and awkward to continue, so you will need patience and to insert new matrix ( £35 on ebay ) and rebuild the car inside

His mechanic has got this far with changing the heater matrix then given up as ‘too difficult’!!! So now someone else can buy it for £1600 and miraculously succeed where he has failed.

2 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

This guy sounds good value

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Espace-2-L-petrol-manual-spares-or-repair-good-for-project-not-barn-find/163960537161

Sadly:

s-l1600.jpg

His mechanic has got this far with changing the heater matrix then given up as ‘too difficult’!!! So now someone else can buy it for £1600 and miraculously succeed where he has failed.

Comes with free supplies for when you realise its up to you to get the thing back together

image.thumb.png.3e4a59900af536a3e3e323b7a987f0a0.png

17 hours ago, jmsguzzi said:

Going to view this tomorrow, anyone know of anything to look out for on these?

It wasn’t for me but it’s definitely worth a punt for someone on here, pretty much rot free and drives alright, atleast I think it does for one of these (steering and brakes felt a bit vague), obviously a world apart from what I’m used to with the Volvo and even the old Ibiza though. Lad said he’s quite flexible on the price..

On 11/28/2019 at 10:55 AM, loserone said:

image.thumb.png.271a76ee3aa854a336b45f5a86a6b5ef.png

Right, been to see this and gave it a test drive. 

It's rusty in all the usual 205 places, and there are many repairs to the outer sills and also the near side front inner wing and under the passenger footwell where the sub frame mounts. It's been done reasonably tidily but it's overplating so would need doing properly. 

The interior is damp as hell, the driver footwell is soaking wet and the headliner is sodden right at the back - suspect sunroof drain issues. 

The interior is in surprisingly good nick and all seems to work, there are a couple of dodgy looking giffer security switches though. 

The engine seemingly had no oil in it according to the dipstick, a check underneath showed it was mostly all under the engine! It's had a new radiator, coil and alternator recently. But the rest of it was pretty rank - the coolant bottle was disgusting and there was some mayo floating in the top of it. However, it's starts from cold happily and there are no nasty noises. I took it for a drive and it goes like hell - really quite surprised. The suspension is knackered though so the handling is quite wayward! 

But. It's got 500,000 miles on it. What do you expect?! It's a hell of a lot of work to get it back to good, but worth it to someone. 

Will I buy it? No, it's too gone for me. Should it be bought and saved? Yes. 

How much is it worth? 

£500 I rekkon. 

1 hour ago, MrSchwifty said:

Right, been to see this and gave it a test drive. 

It's rusty in all the usual 205 places, and there are many repairs to the outer sills and also the near side front inner wing and under the passenger footwell where the sub frame mounts. It's been done reasonably tidily but it's overplating so would need doing properly. 

The interior is damp as hell, the driver footwell is soaking wet and the headliner is sodden right at the back - suspect sunroof drain issues. 

The interior is in surprisingly good nick and all seems to work, there are a couple of dodgy looking giffer security switches though. 

The engine seemingly had no oil in it according to the dipstick, a check underneath showed it was mostly all under the engine! It's had a new radiator, coil and alternator recently. But the rest of it was pretty rank - the coolant bottle was disgusting and there was some mayo floating in the top of it. However, it's starts from cold happily and there are no nasty noises. I took it for a drive and it goes like hell - really quite surprised. The suspension is knackered though so the handling is quite wayward! 

But. It's got 500,000 miles on it. What do you expect?! It's a hell of a lot of work to get it back to good, but worth it to someone. 

Will I buy it? No, it's too gone for me. Should it be bought and saved? Yes. 

How much is it worth? 

£500 I rekkon. 

Can I post this against the Facebook page?