eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I've considered getting a 300m for a long time, I think they are great looking cars, handle well and faster than you might think the the 3.5 (the 2.7 is an unreliable pos that should have been in the scrapyard the moment it left the assembly line apparently). The biggest weakness is the automatic transmission really, as usually people dont service them resulting in failure eventually. I've never seen one with cloth either, and the paint is clearly ruined. Not worth 1300 Euros in this state imo.

3 hours ago, Schaefft said:

....I've never seen one with cloth either, and the paint is clearly ruined. Not worth 1300 Euros in this state imo.

At the price I want to pay for a car here, EVERY single one has ruined paint, which is the downside of living where the sun shines 300 days a year.  On the other hand, none I've looked at have been rusty, an upside of living where the sun shines 300 days a year, and no salt  and mixed in crap is thrown on the road in winter.

1 minute ago, Jerzy Woking said:

At the price I want to pay for a car here, EVERY single one has ruined paint, which is the downside of living where the sun shines 300 days a year.  On the other hand, none I've looked at have been rusty, an upside of living where the sun shines 300 days a year, and no salt  and mixed in crap is thrown on the road in winter.

Yeah, I know they are Spainish prices. I compare them to the German market, where they are sitting in similar price ranges . I'd hold out for a better one for similar money as the price wont drop significantly from 1300, but I have the feeling that you'd be waiting for years for that to happen in Spain.

^^ Prices here are a bit mad. €4k for an average condition, 10 year old Focus isnt unusual. Plus there is a ownership transfer fee to pay on top of the purchase price, and a fair bit of red tape to do

The Spanish seem to own cars for many years, so when they do sell them, most are knackered. I enjoy looking around the various secondhand  dealers to see what chod is about.

There is definitely no "Cars for €200" threads for Spain.

7 hours ago, richardmorris said:

f5de2eb4-a388-4093-9932-aae901699b72.jpgHoarder's collection at auction. 

How rotten does a Lancia need to be to fall in half?

https://bidonline.ncmauctions.co.uk/auctions/7248/ncm-au10227/lot-details/bd0a7df1-6f0d-4881-bed3-aae90154c094

Not very.  Fulvias break where the front subframe attaches to the inner wing. A highly stressed area, the stress makes the steel rot even faster. The arch gets a split at the top before the big crunch finally happens. Looking for a Fulvia in the eighties, never saw one I could afford that didn't have the problem. 

My uncle had an Opel Rekord van back in the day, same colour. Ireland seemed to sell well for car based vans; the motor tax structure really encouraged their purchase, cheaper motor tax.  

Citroen for a long time sold panel car based vans in Ireland. There was a BX and an Xsara van sold there.

6066934452_298fb52b76_b.jpg