eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Image result for olympic commentator

'And you join us live from the 2019 Welsh Olympics, where Shep Dubberton is poised to take gold in sled, his first ever attempt. GL, hun...'

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-transporter-T25-1-6Tdi/323829779411?hash=item4b65c24bd3:g:IXEAAOSw3Rdc~OoF

58 minutes ago, egg said:

A really nice 2 cylinder Visa with a good description and €850. Shame my garage is full of rusty metal already!

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1630158196.htm/

819a6e732c36c9bd83a3d0dd97e98724a57491fa

That's fantastic. I can afford it, and there's room on the driveway. Surely it can't be as simple* as buying it and driving it back to Blighty??

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Well the seller seems motivated, which is a rarity on  Leboncoin. The car is actually available....!

Thing is, I don't speak a word of French. So, put yourself in the seller's shoes when he gets a Google Translate Franglais message promising that this loon in England is 100% on buying his car and wants to send him a deposit, fly out there and drive it home. It'll read like the equivalent of one of those Nigerian Price emails :(

7 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

They sometimes get offered up for comparatively little money - I once saw one for sale at £600 and had a serious think about whether I wanted to take on a source of rewarding pain. There's another one which has been off the road for years; I sometimes hack past it on my horse.

If your horse shit on it it could cause £100s worth of improvements.

2 hours ago, strangeangel said:

Thing is, I don't speak a word of French. So, put yourself in the seller's shoes when he gets a Google Translate Franglais message promising that this loon in England is 100% on buying his car and wants to send him a deposit, fly out there and drive it home. It'll read like the equivalent of one of those Nigerian Price emails :(

Wait 'til you turn up with Hairnet, TooSavvy and a tow rope. He'd probably give you the car for nowt and leave 17,000 Euros in the glovebox as a going away present.

23 hours ago, strangeangel said:

You know when super heroes wear a mask to hide their identity but everyone knows who it is?

It’s like that but without the super and hero.

20 hours ago, cort16 said:

I think this would be a perfectly good coupe (if enormously heavy) if you accept that the roof is probably never going to move again. My Mum owned one, it was really terrible, had constant problems with the engine sooting up/DPF failure etc and the roof packed in at an inopportune moment, trapping a Father Christmas outfit in the boot shortly before my dad was due to do a turn as the festive fat bloke at my kids pre school. If the roof detects a sensor fault it locks the boot and you can't unlock it with the fob. The seats don't fold down so you have to use the ski hatch to reach in with an implement to pop the internal release. I eventually bypassed the roof/boot issue by simply unplugging the roof ECU (handily located in the boot) until my mum managed to offload the bastard thing in a scrappage deal a few months later.