eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

Double bonus points for it having THE shittest engine ever known to man.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IVECO-75E14-EUROCARGO-CURTAINSIDER-WITH-TAIL-LIFT-ideal-export/143274348377?hash=item215bd10f59:g:hUUAAOSwizRc781c

'reliable'

Can't even begin to describe how fucking dreadful these things are. Wheezy, drink fuel like it's going out of fashion, no redeeming features at all and won the 'Most likely vehicle to cause you serious mental damage' five years before they were even made. Shittier than a shitty thing on national shit thing day. In fact, whoever designed these (especially the engine and the wiring) should be made to fucking drive one every day for the rest of his/her miserable pissing existence. 

So, when you buying it then ?

6 hours ago, Broadsword said:

There is one parked up at a nice house a few mins from where I live just like that one, low mileage and the same colour too (that colour is poor on an XJ). It seems to always get an MOT but never moves. One day soon I’ll leave a note I think. The 3.2 V8 is one I haven’t tried and obviously where there is another Jag to try, I must have a go! Gearboxes on x308s are very prone to failure annoyingly so tread careful with these.

I had a 3.2 V8, it was perfectly adequate in terms of power, and the gearboxes have an easier time of it with the smaller engine.  Don't sound very vee-eighty though, at least not with a standard exhaust.

That Cadillac is the last of the body on frame, rear drive proper Cadillacs.  For that money it looks a conspicuous bargain.  I would drive it for a year and then take it to Sweden and sell for a massive profit.  Possibly.

1 hour ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

I dont want to come over all "Top Gear" but every time i see a marina coupe, i think "burn it. Burn it with fire. Then burn it again. And again." 

6 hours ago, MorrisItalSLX said:

I used to work with the fella who owned this, he was the farm handy man. A few years ago he had quite a fleet of Marinas and I think a Mayflower.

Still terrible wheel trims though...

8 hours ago, blackbird said:

I could never work out why this 1AN is trapped on that car

Why is it non transferable ?

The original number has been transferred off (1984 or thereabouts) and 1 AN is the new number for the vehicle .

New numbers  (for transfers) are all non transferable you only get one chance to make money on one car . I bet the guy at DVLA who allocated the new number 1AN to the vehicle was having a right giggle

Once the vehicle is scrapped which it will be one day the number goes back into DVLA pot for the same guy to have another good laugh. Either that or there is a marker on it so it will get auctioned off in one of the DVLA fundraisers.

I think that's about fair for the Yugo bidding. Former Yugo UK car potentially, or at least a pre-reg with the Reading numberplate.

Drove a friend's one last year and it's brilliant in its awfulness. Sloppy gears, crude switch gear and a rattling timing chain, but so fun to rag around.