eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Ok Jag lickers, I expect some of you have seen this, but for those who haven't

post-5359-0-16582900-1549999825_thumb.jpg

http://forum.retro-rides.org/thread/206947/jaguar-x308-auto-carnival-rg12

Crazy it hasn't sold yet.

If anyone fancies a shot, but is not a member, give me a shout and I'll send a message for you.

To be fair, the Verossa can be a pretty neat car with the right engine and transmission choice and I think in the right color and with the right wheels, these don't look bad. Its basically a more modern Toyota Chaser with quirky styling.

It's had a life that one - exported, re-imported on a Canterbury reg plate (hnnnggg) and now finds itself in God's own Country. Nice. I would, probably.

attachicon.gifJagwah.jpg

If anyone fancies a shot, but is not a member, give me a shout and I'll send a message for you.

It looks shiny and the MOT history is good, which makes it look tempting. Buuut, not wishing to put a downer on it one at all, it has quite a long list of issues that make it a worry and financially not really worth it to anyone on a budget. Whenever you hear someone with an old XJ8 say something like "Slight tapping on idle only from hydraulic lifters, again likely from being sat around - once you touch the revs, the sound disappears.", it's better to walk away as chances are you need to do the timing chains, which will wipe the car out unfortunately. Also it makes no sense that the owner has decided to claim the electrical faults are down to a bad battery and him not attempt to replace the battery. There is more to it. That is on top of all the other issues and it's nearly out of MOT. You can buy a much better Jag with even less than he is asking I'm afraid to say. I have, several times.

Yeah it's weird, but it's probably worth more in parts, but even for that you would need the time and space

It looks shiny and the MOT history is good, which makes it look tempting. Buuut, not wishing to put a downer on it one at all, it has quite a long list of issues that make it a worry and financially not really worth it to anyone on a budget. Whenever you hear someone with an old XJ8 say something like "Slight tapping on idle only from hydraulic lifters, again likely from being sat around - once you touch the revs, the sound disappears.", it's better to walk away as chances are you need to do the timing chains, which will wipe the car out unfortunately. Also it makes no sense that the owner has decided to claim the electrical faults are down to a bad battery and him not attempt to replace the battery. There is more to it. That is on top of all the other issues and it's nearly out of MOT. You can buy a much better Jag with even less than he is asking I'm afraid to say. I have, several times.

Yeah it's weird, but it's probably worth more in parts, but even for that you would need the time and space

Haven't already two forum members done their timing chains and it isn't really that big of a deal?

Haven't already two forum members done their timing chains and it isn't really that big of a deal?

Depends how far you go. If it's just the secondary tensioners, both me and Mr. Hooli have tackled the job with success. If you need to change everything, including all the chains, guides and lower tensioners then we are talking quite a lot of work and more spent in parts. Problem is you never really know till you have a look inside the engine.

attachicon.gifJagwah.jpg

If that leaper was to jump it would still be on the bonnet?

Beige.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Series-1-Rover-SD1-2600-auto-1979-T-reg-with-keys-and-old-log-book/273695225628

Brown.

Whoever questions the sills is not ready for this car yet.

If thatw as the V8, it'd be perfect. That's absolutely the best colour/trim combo they came in.