eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

New professionally built short engine built from Mazda parts fitted. (Ancillaries re-used with Mazda gaskets set and new belts). (cost (>£2200)

Brand new:
Exedy clutch 3-piece kit - (cost > £260), now done about 2 miles.

NGK plugs                                 )
Mazda N3H1-18-100C coils x4 ) (together cost over £460)
Magnecor Ignition lead set         )

New uprated fuel pump (> £120)

Sounds expensive at least it's well sorted now

HOWEVER, having fitted the engine and reassembled, it came apparent at MOT that the welding required was beyond my capabilities,

Anything else?

May need a replacement Catalytic converter.

And?

Power steering works one way not the other 

giphy.gif

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mazda-RX8-192-fitted-with-NEW-ENGINE-Needs-welding-or-for-parts-SORN/192529519878?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Hello, I actually bought it. Really. I sneaked out after tea. It was raining. I had a quick look 'round. Couldn't stop thinking about it. Went on holiday. In a mad moment, I phoned and put a deposit on it. Collected it. Hated it.

Fortunately (?) I've worked on Citroens since 1985. Gave it a service, did the stuff you usually do with a new car until the interest wears off.

And Now? I LOVE IT!

The car's spent most of its life on the Isle of Skye as a doctor's car. Then it lived in the showroom of a Citroen Dealership until a few years ago. 

The Good: 

Mileage is genuine. Lots of paperwork/mot history to prove (a previous owner tracked me down and sent it thanks a lot) annual oil + filter changes, 5 LHM changes, Waxoyled, still good interior, all spheres perfect!!! no rust, hydraulics all work as they should, just fitted its very first heater plugs (only did two of them as I sadly want to keep it original as poss...) 

nearly new tyres, exhaust, battery, new timing belt/tensioner.

47 mpg.

The Bad:

Lacquer peeling on 1 x door top. Top of tailgate paint bodged. Gears stiff when cold (needs clutch cable or more likely clutch) electronic pump advance permanently on: now fixed, Rotodiesel pump: to be honest, I've only seen two actually fail in 33 yrs. 

The Ugly:

Those wheel trims, more stone chips than I realised, that's - so far - it.