eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

He could have done a much better job of selling it if he had tried. I would have mentioned how his Dad (I assume) doted on the car, polished it regularly and turned down constant offers to buy it from the fat kid from around the corner.

After which I would have mentioned how Mr Gilbert McNaught of the Rootes group was the first owner, how he was a Doctor and the son of a Banker and so definitely cared for it. After which a powerfully built company director took it on and spared no expense before Dad bought it in 1984. Of course there is no proof of any of this but the papers got lost guv....

And after a beautifully contrived, detailed and slightly boring story, I would have said no MOT but should fly through before finishing with it is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't.

But that's just me

Sunken eyed Chevette

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-chevette/172872458943?hash=item28400062bf%3Ag%3Acs0AAOSwnyBZwM3W

'there's underseal on the underneath'

Did it eat several bags of peanuts and fart then?

s-l1600.jpg

That is a depressing looking bus, enough to seem like you've got more than one black dog on your shoulder.

I've never actually sat in a Vectra B or C. I've owned 4 mk2 cavaliers and a mk3 cav (Vectra A) and 3 mk3 astras and a mk4 astra and an omega. But the Vectra C? I thought I'd just wait until I'm about to die and plan and pay for my funeral in advance, with the stipulation that the relatives are carried in any 6 door black Vauxhall saloon.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unique-Dodge-50-conversion-Full-years-MOT-3-5-tonnes-/253161255684?hash=item3af1963304:g:weQAAOSwUBlZs~6v

Almost certainly owned by some posh kid who went to 'find' themselves in a West African kibbutz and is selling it to fund a new alternative lifestyle selling fair trade hand knitted lentil yoghurts in a caravan made out of fucking shabby chic pallets in some indecipherable Welsh village by the sea. And then pisses off home at weekends to enjoy freshly blunderbussed trout pheasant sandwiches with her father on his 897,000 acre pad in twatting Gloucestershire.

It was actually built in Linwood - so being Scottish was probably built with bits of scrap Volvo which is why it is still in one piece.

Even worse; weren't the shells shipped from Cov to Linwood for assembly or something? I can remember the run-out Avenger on display in the transport museum when it was in Kelvinhall, it looked like it had been put together by Ray Charles.

Even worse; weren't the shells shipped from Cov to Linwood for assembly or something? I can remember the run-out Avenger on display in the transport museum when it was in Kelvinhall, it looked like it had been put together by Ray Charles.

IIRC all the assembly took place at Linwood for those Avengers - the panels may have been (badly) pressed at Cov, but they were put together in Linwood.  It's not impossible that the Avenger on display at the Kelvin Hall had been cobbled together from panels that failed quality control.

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unique-Dodge-50-conversion-Full-years-MOT-3-5-tonnes-/253161255684?hash=item3af1963304:g:weQAAOSwUBlZs~6v

Almost certainly owned by some posh kid who went to 'find' themselves in a West African kibbutz and is selling it to fund a new alternative lifestyle selling fair trade hand knitted lentil yoghurts in a caravan made out of fucking shabby chic pallets in some indecipherable Welsh village by the sea. And then pisses off home at weekends to enjoy freshly blunderbussed trout pheasant sandwiches with her father on his 897,000 acre pad in twatting Gloucestershire.

That (or one very like it) has been around on the live in vehicle scene for years. Not sure how they've got it down to 3.5t though. Disturbingly not been run on a showmans reg either to claim mot exemption...