eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I fapped myself silly over that red one I found a few pages back. Just when I'm starting to get some feeling back into it, this little sexpot turns up!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-rare-classic-1985-Renault-11-1-1TC-car-park-find-project-/122704347284?hash=item1c91bfc094:g:pIoAAOSwLGtZuaur

post-3538-0-20385200-1505844217_thumb.jpg

Priorities though, I have known this Avenger since I was 16. It has spent 27 years covered in a bush in a front yard and while I made several approaches to buy it, I was turned down every time.

It is now on the Bay and I wandered round to see it. Here's the ad:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hillman-Avenger/162671704563?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

And here are some other pics. Annoyingly it is so darn solid considering it has been living under a bush. I can only assume the bush has sucked up all the moisture so the rust bug was missing one of its key components.

I don't have space, and I don't think I want it. But at the same time I almost feel as if it is my destiny to own it! My Daughter is 16 and loves it and has promised to help me fix it if I win it (yeah, righto) as she wants it as her first car. I dunno, its a quandary.....

post-3538-0-89743100-1505844520_thumb.jpg

post-3538-0-67001000-1505844530_thumb.jpg

post-3538-0-84273000-1505844540_thumb.jpg

It survived intact for 60 years then some muppet decides to strip the interior and make it into a bloody camper. FFS buy a bloody travellers bus there's enough of them left and they're worth almost half of fuck all!

Sitting at £265 at the moment Rob. 2 bids. I suspect the banger boys are more interested than the classic rallyists

If I get it I will be hassling you, SD1, Angry Dicky, Outlaw, Inconsistant and all the other London & South East Shiters for some serious moral support!

Just to make things even harder, Speedy Spares seem to list everything it could possibly need and none of it is expensive. Bollocks.....

Sitting at £265 at the moment Rob. 2 bids. I suspect the banger boys are more interested than the classic rallyists

If I get it I will be hassling you, SD1, Angry Dicky, Outlaw, Inconsistant and all the other London & South East Shiters for some serious moral support!

Just to make things even harder, Speedy Spares seem to list everything it could possibly need and none of it is expensive. Bollocks.....

Looks like they're trying to max out the bids...

"Great car to start Group 1 RWD classic rallying."

He could have done a much better job of selling it if he had tried. I would have mentioned how his Dad (I assume) doted on the car, polished it regularly and turned down constant offers to buy it from the fat kid from around the corner.

After which I would have mentioned how Mr Gilbert McNaught of the Rootes group was the first owner, how he was a Doctor and the son of a Banker and so definitely cared for it. After which a powerfully built company director took it on and spared no expense before Dad bought it in 1984. Of course there is no proof of any of this but the papers got lost guv....

And after a beautifully contrived, detailed and slightly boring story, I would have said no MOT but should fly through before finishing with it is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't.

But that's just me