eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Trying to work out what that Mercedes 'hatch' is made from, can't decide if Rover 820 or Mk2 Cavalier. It's a shame it's been left to rot like that, as clearly someone's put a bit of time and effort into it and it probably didn't look that bad when first created.

In the land of the strange and unexplained, no V5, but right hand drive and not mega silly money. May need exorcism due to Lincolnshire

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C694518

6834086.jpg

I dont have the log book but if you do a vehicle check you will see it has no previous keepers, didnt want to register it in my name as this would add another owner - errrrrr could you repeat that again from the beginning?

Crikey: I don't know where to start with this 'Barn find' of a rare Mercedes 420SE Hashback. Looks "worse than it is", apparently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232446495434

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This does deserve to live on - if not just to piss off know it alls at car shows when you tell them straight-faced that its a coachbuilt conversion by MIESEN of Bonn - for the Shar of Iran so he could carry his hunting beagles to his mountain retreat and has recently been liberated from its secret underground garage...

I dont have the log book but if you do a vehicle check you will see it has no previous keepers, didnt want to register it in my name as this would add another owner - errrrrr could you repeat that again from the beginning?

Same as my Renno. It shows 0 former keepers on the V5C. If anyone would now register it in his name, this would change.

So this Peugeot was never registered to a second owner since it was first registered.

Apart from that, I weirdly was thinking about 304s the other day. They are the 'forgotten' Peugeots, even in France.

There are surprisingly few of them even on Leboncoin. If this thing were LHD and not in Lincolnshire, I'd be after it.

Crikey: I don't know where to start with this 'Barn find' of a rare Mercedes 420SE Hashback. Looks "worse than it is", apparently.

post-20412-0-34697600-1502711648_thumb.jpg

This reminded me of this old Merc prototype study from the early 80s☺️

I hope lives to see another day,quite obviously quite a lot of effort went in to its creation.

Later model seats... dashboard.. exterior colour........ ringer ringer chicken dinner... attachicon.gifmaxi_09.jpg

This is how a genuine early G and H dashboard should look like.

This was designed by Roy Axe after he left Ford - hence the similarities with the Mk3 Cortina. Wasn't long before  BLMC reverted to the old slab of wood treatment - which was kinda retrograde if you look at say what VW did with the Mk1 Golf etc.