eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

The Facebook car for sale advert in 3 acts.

act1: Some thing weird in the advert pictures. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-26 at 09.46.21.png

act2: False accusations of profiteering backed up by photographic evidence.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-26 at 09.46.58.png

act3: Illegible low ball offer.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-26 at 09.47.43.png

perfection

I fucking hate it when scottish people type with an accent.

"classic car 33 years old my every day drive very rare"

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AMERICAN-MOTORS-JEEP-EAGLE-4X4-/122241883232

last advert had 350 plus watchers but no offers so will try 1 last time.

any interest phone 01179854257 looking for £2750 will only sale car to person that views it first

as so many messers on this site so its last chance to buy as will keep it other wise

car is in BRISTOL. no offers no part exchange

Wow! - I wonder if he's thought that no-one wants it at that price?  A lot of watchers (like me) may be people who might entertain it at somewhere like half what he is asking.  I mean he's welcome to keep it and value it at that of course :)

TBH they've probably taken the abs relay out to stop the pedal panicking if it goes over a leaf or something.

The cause is a badly placed abs unit under the washer bottle which leaks onto the connections.

Needs a few small sockets to get the multi plug unit off and either resolder or just dry out the connections like I did. No resets required, put relay back in and good to go.

Had mine (270 diesel) 7/8 years with only a few problems, they get a bad rep but actually their good motors, way more reliable than the x5/p38 chod of the same era/price range. Easy to fix generally as well, apparently rear shocks/springs/bushes are a fiddle but mines on its originals after 17 years and never advised on the mot so hopefully not a regular occurrence.

I've been paid today, and this Espero ends tomorrow....shouldn't but probably will.

attachicon.gifs-l1600-9.jpeg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122234436587?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

.... same advert 'honesty' from the daughter when she sells ToMM© - after I go to the Care Home :-(

TS

Oh dear that is hideous 😷😷😷😷

Yeah they get a bad name but in 7 years and 120000 miles it's broken down twice both times entirely my fault, injector plug through the first Black Death and a driveshaft through me putting the gaiter on wrongly.

It's had the Black Death (yawn) for probably 4 years with no real ill effects compared to the twice it was cured* by a fantastic**diesel mechanic I was previously friends with.

If it's a derv best thing you can ever do to it is (awaits the inevitable scrap it comment)de-cat it, I didn't even know mine was 5 speed before that !!!!

Gained about 5-10 mpg and what felt like 50BHP,common faults are front suspension components take a hammering but are easy if not stupidly cheap to change, couple of silly electrical problems like dash lights and central locking nonsense and the inevitable Black Death issue for dervs.

If you stick with the petrol my guess is what you lose in economy you probably gain in repairs. Getting very autoshite territory, certainly a nicer place to be than a Land Rover discovery or heaven forbid a freelander (awaits barrage of abuse).

This looks ace, what do they handle and go like? Although I would be happy just to put it in my garage and stroke it every now and then.

I've no idea but I imagine the 1.8 with twin carbs goes alright. It really dislike marina saloons but I think the coupes look great. I wonder if he fancies a rover p6b