eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Sadly that is no more an early Maxi than Kidderminster Harriers are a premiership football team in with a shout of winning the Champions league.

The colour is wrong for a start, Sandglow didn't come out till c.1977. The interior is the biggest giveaway, velour seats 1979/80 onwards, series two steering wheel (1980 at the earliest), late dashboard again 1980 at the earliest. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't a 1750 not a 1500.

It blatantly is a late model with the identity of an early one with an early grille and early Austin badge on the bonnet. That's unless someone has gone to the trouble to replace the complete interior including the dashboard and respray the car in an unauthentic colour!

This was for sale privately not long ago, I wonder if the dealer selling it even know themselves, I am tempting to message them.

Superficially nice - but (don't) look at the rust photos....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1976-Renault-12TL-Phase-2-White-Red-interior-Running-restoration-project/191967829482

s-l800.jpg

My second Mk2 R12. Only for sale as I have recently purchased an R14 and need the space.

Waaahaayyy!!

Whatever happened to Regie Ritmo? Has he still got my old R14 I wonder?

Sadly that is no more an early Maxi than Kidderminster Harriers are a premiership football team in with a shout of winning the Champions league.

The colour is wrong for a start, Sandglow didn't come out till c.1977. The interior is the biggest giveaway, velour seats 1979/80 onwards, series two steering wheel (1980 at the earliest), late dashboard again 1980 at the earliest. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't a 1750 not a 1500.

It blatantly is a late model with the identity of an early one with an early grille and early Austin badge on the bonnet. That's unless someone has gone to the trouble to replace the complete interior including the dashboard and respray the car in an unauthentic colour!

This was for sale privately not long ago, I wonder if the dealer selling it even know themselves, I am tempting to message them.

It's certainly some kind of FrankenMaxi - but the front bumper and front wings are right for an early one.  The interior is pure 77-on though.

I transplanted a later 1750 rod change engine and box into my 1970 (originally cable change) car - I don't think it would be too hard to do the dash as well - not sure why you would though?

Also - could that colour be Harvest Gold?  I think that was available on the earlier ones.

s-l1600.jpg

air bag light on due to i replaced the squib to fix the head light stalk.

Millage on the clock shows 145k but it is less more like 100k as i changed the clocks when i was trying to fix the head light stalk.

I sense this was one of those long and unpleasant jobs. 

This was my every day car until i purchased a lager car.

I'll bet it wasn't reassuringly expensive. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane-1-5DCI-Spares-or-Repair-/232081102193

I sense this was one of those long and unpleasant jobs. 

I'll bet it wasn't reassuringly expensive. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Megane-1-5DCI-Spares-or-Repair-/232081102193

MOT history says:

25 March 2014: 105,958 miles (failed MOT)

25 March 2014 (same date): 117,282 miles (passed MOT)

So he travelled 11,324 miles in one day to get his brake light replaced, a new tyre and the screen washer topped up.

Oh, and the 2015 MOT says 117,282 miles and he's now saying 145,000?

This Avenger reminds me of the cars which were on the roads round about the time I was leaving school in 84.

Ditto, but it was on my paper round in 1984. The sad thing is that the one I recall used to look like this, when it was our family car brand new but had gone through a couple of owners subsequently:

3823800965_60089db1ec_o.jpg

Hillman Avenger 1500 G Luxe by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr