eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

If VX64 UOF ever appears for sale, I would politely suggest you turn it down.

It was Kelsey's old pool car MG6 that was put back on the road after being stuffed into the hawsers on the M25.

Before that, it was dire.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/campervans-motorhomes/1966-bedford-dormobile-camper-van-in-vgcondition-very-good-driver-very-rare-classic-camper-4-berth/1184345604

you know how we get various really grim looking campers on here, well hows about one that doesn't look to bad?

its expensive mind, but look at it.....

$_86.JPG

i wonder what condition the chassis is in?

$_86.JPG

https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-cars/morris-ital-spares-or-repair/1183631628

i wonder why this is listed as spares or repairs?

looks ok to me....

$_86.JPG

this might explain it

MOT history of this vehicle
  • Test date 8 August 2016
  • Test Result Fail
  • Odometer reading 48,291 miles
  • MOT test number 7880 2477 1718
  • Reason(s) for failure

offside front Seat belt has a cut which has significantly weakened the webbing (5.2.2a)
    nearside front inner Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings inner wing holed (6.1.B.2)
    offside front inner Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings inner wing holed (6.1.B.2)
    offside front Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings floor pan holed (6.1.B.2)
    nearside front inner Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings inner sill holed (6.1.B.2)
    Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively both fronts (8.2.2)
    nearside front Headlamp not working on main beam (1.7.5a)
    offside front Headlamp not working on main beam (1.7.5a)
    Rear fog lamp not working (1.3.2b)
    Rear position lamp(s) adversely affected by the operation of another lamp rears (1.1.A.3f)
    passenger door does not latch securely closed bonnet (6.2.B.1a)
  • Advisory notice item(s)

Body has slight corrosion (6.1.B.2)
    vehicle undersealed heavily
    noisy rear diff

this might explain it

MOT history of this vehicle
  • Test date 8 August 2016
  • Test Result Fail
  • Odometer reading 48,291 miles
  • MOT test number 7880 2477 1718
  • Reason(s) for failure

offside front Seat belt has a cut which has significantly weakened the webbing (5.2.2a)
    nearside front inner Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings inner wing holed (6.1.B.2)
    offside front inner Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings inner wing holed (6.1.B.2)
    offside front Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings floor pan holed (6.1.B.2)
    nearside front inner Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings inner sill holed (6.1.B.2)
    Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively both fronts (8.2.2)
    nearside front Headlamp not working on main beam (1.7.5a)
    offside front Headlamp not working on main beam (1.7.5a)
    Rear fog lamp not working (1.3.2b)
    Rear position lamp(s) adversely affected by the operation of another lamp rears (1.1.A.3f)
    passenger door does not latch securely closed bonnet (6.2.B.1a)
  • Advisory notice item(s)

Body has slight corrosion (6.1.B.2)
    vehicle undersealed heavily
    noisy rear diff

ah i see, its rotten!!

now what would junkman say?

IT'S FUCKED!

Green TK Bedford doesn't have those lovely original indicator/light units. Minus many points.

I have never driven one, but being a passenger in a TK used to give me neck ache, I wanted to look throught the bit of 'screen that wasn't there because it was roof.

I HAVE driven a TK, though not on the road.  The top rail of the screen does seem too low, but word is they're actually rather good to drive over distance.  They are, however, glacially slow.  The steering wheel is positively enormous, and more or less horizontal, so low-speed manoevering is quite pleasant.

i can agree with Eddy on this, as i found the TK really pleasant to drive.

they are slow, but with the side windows in the cab i found it easy to see out of for maneuvering and the like, whereas the Ford Cargo which was positively claustrophobic inside! 

the little leyland road runner was a nice steer too, though the seat, which was little more than a thin "padded" cushion was utter crap. it having side windows and a kerb window in the door made it easy to see out of as well. they are pretty slow too.

the cargo was quick too, much quicker than the TK or Roadrunner, however i found the brakes, been pneumatic didn't inspire much consequence. they were either on or off, and not progressive like the hydraulic brakes are on a car.

I've been 'not allowed' to buy this 1.6 white £300 mondy saloon for about a month (never ask permission etc etc). Might as well post it, hopefully someone else will put me out of my misery. I especially like that it looks like it is on a farm.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/ford/ford-mondeo-1994/1180526180

$_86.JPG

$_86.JPG

Fun* fact: the number plate on the red TK is only 39 numbers away from the one on my Renault 16 (LUT 165P), issued February 1976.