Range Rover L322 2002 - 2012 Buyer's Guide

Hawkeyethenoo

From our Aussie Cousin's perspective, but one of the more realistic and useful of the type that I've read and thought worthy of sharing for anyone considering the leap into Range Rover ownership of this future classic! TD6 it is then....

post-17354-0-96463700-1549655640_thumb.jpeg

https://mr4x4.com.au/range-rover-l322-buyers-guide/

I like the look of these but they frighten me in equal measure

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

The only thing to fear is fear itself and here's why.

"I own a L322 TD6. Great car when all is going well, my fuel useage is around 10l/100km country. Car sits on the road brilliantly, and acceleration isn’t bad for a vehicle nudging 3 tonne. I agree with pretty much all if the comments in the article, air suspension rubber bags perish after 8 – 10 years. One let go with a loud bang in Lightning ridge when my daughter sat in the car. My gearbox dies in the first year I owned the car – 5k later it’s ok. The trans rebuilder recommended the box be serviced every 40 – 50k using synthetic oil, and the torque converter changed after 100k to save it wiping out the box. Buying tyres can be a problem, the original goodyears are rubbish, but we are now getting a great run from General grabbers. Hard to get a tyre that size and load rating. The best investment I made was Hawkeye diagnostics which I carry in the vehicle. A cd of the shop manual is used a lot. If you’re not handy around a care, and your backup mechanic hasn’t got an open mind, best you walk right past a rangie. That said. we love ours, it’s comfortable(at least in the front, back seat a little harsh), and you get a lot of car for your money. I have replaced the front suspension, the youtube guides are fantastic, and had some niggling electrical problems. Check the service history – I like the independents better than dealer. Mine has been to a dealer once in the 6 years I’ve owned it. At least our dealer is country and doesn’t rippoff even though he is over 200k’s away. Car now done 245k, minor jam in ignition switch at moment..."

From the comments on the buyers guide.