Yoss

Home made pick ups.

3 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

n3eimqdr0ek21.jpg

What that needs is 2 engines, one per rear axle. 

I think i t looks kind of cool. 

On 2/8/2019 at 7:42 PM, Yoss said:

Every so often something awful appears on the ebay tat or one shite picture thread where somebody has taken an angle grinder to some poor unsuspecting car and I just thought they deserve their own thread.

Wow what a great thread, thanks for starting it Yoss.  8)  

I'm a big fan of shooting-brakes where folks have had their sports cars modified (estate car like) to convey their sports equipment and/or dogs.  And so equally I can see the usefulness of a pick up to a family who have a horse or whatever and need to convey a bale of straw pretty often. Likewise others who cut their own timber for a wood burner, and those who attend rallies and shows with their prized stationary engine. And I've known others who race motorcycles and can't be arsed with a trailer and didn't want to drive around all week in a cramped-up panel van,  so yeah I dig 'em.   Some of those seen on these pages are pretty stylish too.  I'm a fan.

I seriously considered buying this Riley RM conversion a few years back . .

10389098506_f336c0dc6e_b.jpg

It may seem WTF to some, but the 'structural' timber frame in the back of these car rot, and their roof is a perforated steel pressing (covered with vinyl) < here >  which  rust n'  crumble away (..a sod to rebuild neatly) ..and which together with the back window leaks would leave ugly stains in the off-white wool headlining. Aside from that the boot space on the original car was not big nor a very practical shape.  I love this styling (from the front and sides) as a vintage car,  the suicide doors, as well as its 2.5 litre long-stroke motor.  I still wish I had bought it.   If it ever comes up for sale again - do let me know.. B)

3 hours ago, Bfg said:

Wow what a great thread, thanks for starting it Yoss.  8)  

....And so equally I can see the usefulness of a pick up to those who attend rallies and shows with their half-a-dozen 'info-boards', a folding gazebo, 4 deck chairs, an old advertising sign, flag of the country of origin, a barbeque and a 50's style picnic basket....

EFA

That's an interesting one.. absolutely seamless* conversion !  ;)

Got to love the sliding door runner along the side of the pickup. 

But surely three filler caps are a bit OTT  ?  ..these Chryslers aren't that bad a gas-guzzler