Home made pick ups.

Yoss

As it says RS200/P100 mash up, I think you are going to be disappointed. You can see the Sierra doors, I think it's far more P100 than RS200. My guess is it's a normal P100 with bits of RS200 bodywork stuck on. I don't know this for sure but that's what I'm seeing looking at the photos. 

Whatever it is, I'm willing to bet there's a Ford Sierra power train hiding under the RS200 lookalike bonnet. Which, at least I hope,  means a real RS200 hasn't been butchered to make a crap pick up.

3 hours ago, Missy Charm said:

That must have been really complicated to do.  The RS200 is mid engined, which isn't great for a pickup, but that one's engine is nowhere in evidence.  Do you think the converter canted it over to lay flat like a bus engine?  Or perhaps something more complicated was done like putting in a front mounted 1.3 Endura-E.  Nice to see a genuine RS200 in daily use, though, must be one fast pickup!

22 minutes ago, Yoss said:

As it says RS200/P100 mash up, I think you are going to be disappointed. You can see the Sierra doors, I think it's far more P100 than RS200. My guess is it's a normal P100 with bits of RS200 bodywork stuck on. I don't know this for sure but that's what I'm seeing looking at the photos. 

This… it’s basically a P100 with the RS bits grated on. 

On 12/19/2021 at 10:08 PM, adw1977 said:

Wasn't there a kit car RS200 replica?  Might be one of those, or parts of that kit attached to a P100.

Banham 200, designed for an MG Maestro, but supposedly used genuine moulds for the panels.

It could well be using parts of that kit. Although there are a few others out there, also.

14 minutes ago, sutty2006 said:

I keep seeing this on eBay. Utterly grim, with a side order of alien puke. 

8ED81E9C-9BC8-4A24-810E-3E28C5541754.png

Jesus wept...

Wheelbase-wise, that looks like a 'Defender'/LR90 with half a Disco shell nailed approximately on top.  Which is arse-backward from the usual OLLI abomination.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...