Home made pick ups.

Yoss

10 hours ago, STUNO said:

Another BLMC ute, I like this, done well. I cannot lift any photos from this site so a link to the ad.

1965 Morris Other 1100 | Trade Me Motors

9 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

challenge accepted!

image.thumb.png.7892efaf2d4ae0163cceaa36967238e6.png

image.thumb.png.67498888c40fdb2bc44960daced2a8aa.png

always have to laugh when websites try and prevent you from dumping images from their servers :) 

That has been really nicely done.

Could have fooled me into thinking it was a BLMC prototype that somehow escaped the Zetland works in Sydney.

48 minutes ago, UltraWomble said:

That needs Holden badges, and I think it would fool a few folk that it was a real job!

14 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Yeah I always find a way, searching through the source code usually. Nice ute too, the ozzies got several we didn't such as Ford Pop, Cortina/not P100 and MK2 Zephyr 

South Africa got the MK3/4/5 cortina bakkie's not Australia ,all though a company the did mk1-2 van conversions ( not paneled over estates).

On 3/28/2021 at 8:26 AM, bunglebus said:

Nice ute too, the ozzies got several we didn't such as Ford Pop, Cortina/not P100 and MK2 Zephyr 

post-17915-0-30174600-1511361953_thumb.jpg

Still not displaying at 'proper' size since the forum switchover a few years back, but here's a Mk2 Consul ute I found way up in the Snowy Mountains of New South Wales. Obviously not homemade, but certainly a Ford Australia homebrew.

(Click on the pic to see it in decent resolution)

Just-visible signwriting shows it was owned by the Snowy Mountains Hydroelectric Authority, so it seems this ute spent its entire life (and afterlife) up in the mountains.

1 hour ago, Datsuncog said:

post-17915-0-30174600-1511361953_thumb.jpg

Still not displaying at 'proper' size since the forum switchover a few years back, but here's a Mk2 Consul ute I found way up in the Snowy Mountains of New South Wales. Obviously not homemade, but certainly a Ford Australia homebrew.

(Click on the pic to see it in decent resolution)

Just-visible signwriting shows it was owned by the Snowy Mountains Hydroelectric Authority, so it seems this ute spent its entire life (and afterlife) up in the mountains.

to fix that, open the image so its in its own tab/window with its URL displaying in the menu bar like so

image.thumb.png.98da12c460db7c5ed6c6a6694ab7340e.png

then just copy the URL into your post where it will autoembed at proper size :) 

et voilà! :) 

Ford Consul Ute.jpg

from what I can tell the the problem stems from when the first forum software update was done the default thumbnail size was left at 100x100 pixels, and while this was quickly adjusted, preexisting photos never got reindexed as such they have small 100x100 thumbnails to this day, however when you copy their URL into a post like above the forum treats it as an external image and makes its own proper size thumb nail for it :)

4 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

to fix that, open the image so its in its own tab/window with its URL displaying in the menu bar like so

image.thumb.png.98da12c460db7c5ed6c6a6694ab7340e.png

then just copy the URL into your post where it will autoembed at proper size :) 

et voilà! :) 

Ford Consul Ute.jpg

from what I can tell the the problem stems from when the first forum software update was done the default thumbnail size was left at 100x100 pixels, and while this was quickly adjusted, preexisting photos never got reindexed as such they have small 100x100 thumbnails to this day, however when you copy their URL into a post like above the forum treats it as an external image and makes its own proper size thumb nail for it :)

That is extremely handy knowledge - thanks for that!

Whenever the software update happened in 2019 and people started moaning about their pictures being shrunk, there were assurances that they would be resized on a rolling basis - and while I appreciate that it's a herculean task for admin computer run-time, at least this way I can go through some of my old threads and fix the bloody photos (like the Junkyard Jewels thread that got shrunkified about a week after I'd spent a year uploading pics of every car in the scrapyard).

Appreciated!

24 minutes ago, Datsuncog said:

That is extremely handy knowledge - thanks for that!

Whenever the software update happened in 2019 and people started moaning about their pictures being shrunk, there were assurances that they would be resized on a rolling basis - and while I appreciate that it's a herculean task for admin computer run-time, at least this way I can go through some of my old threads and fix the bloody photos (like the Junkyard Jewels thread that got shrunkified about a week after I'd spent a year uploading pics of every car in the scrapyard).

Appreciated!

glad to have been able to help! :) and yeah I remember that and patiently waited for the images to resize when they never did sadly (so as above went and manually fixed mine, well not all of mine, but the important* ones like all the Pictures in the survivors list on Page 24 of my thread :) )

@tobyd if you dont mind me asking (and I know I bother you a lot with various forum niggles!) but im curious is the 100x100 thumbnail on old photos issue something that can still be sorted server side or would it be unfeasible to do now?

just purely curious at this point :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...