Home made pick ups.

Yoss

That's an interesting one.. absolutely seamless* conversion ! 
Got to love the sliding door runner along the side of the pickup. 
But surely three filler caps are a bit OTT  ?  ..these Chryslers aren't that bad a gas-guzzler  
The two filler flaps may be standard equipment on the donor pick up - an F150 local to me has two, the forward one being used for the filler of the inevitable LPG conversion

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Amishtat said:

Possibly wrong but I think I remember reading that these were intended for oil companies to use in the desert. I'd love one, are any left? 

That very picture appears in the book "Roads to Oblivion" by Christopher Balfour with the caption "Pick-up version of Mk IV Super Snipe built for Middle East oil companies and others". 

19 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

3JW3cQf.jpg

Possibly factory-issue Humber Super Snipe? Looks like a working vehicle. There are pics of a similar silver one (but different rear wheelarches) on the net.

There was an article in Classic Van and Pick-up a couple of months ago about Humbers. 

A Humber collector on the IoM couldn't find a pick up, after searching for years, so recreated

two. Allegedly there were 200 Mk111's followed by 200 Mk1V's made. The Mk1V's  had the wider body 

which is why the rear arches are different. Further research found that maybe only five were actually

built.

On 6/22/2019 at 10:42 PM, chodweaver said:

The two filler flaps may be standard equipment on the donor pick up - an F150 local to me has two, the forward one being used for the filler of the inevitable LPG conversion

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

I was only jesting chod

Ford South Africa. Based on 2-door front.

cIo9JVF.jpg

The one below's not Ford South Africa. Based on 4-door. But I particularly like the WGAF attitude with the standard front wheeltrim hubcaps, the style of which started with the 1959 105E Anglia and lasted right through all the 60s Fords till the mid 70s basic Mk3 Cortina 'L decor'.

LI1vXDy.jpg

Next one's a long 2-door, but is it a conversion or not? Longer rear overhang like an estate but 2-door doors. Earlier grille but on 75 car. Who knows, I really like it.

cvmpnmd.jpg

But I don't think it came from the factory with a 5.0. 

Mega clean car, so well done it looks like factory V8 installation Zoom in on that engine bay. It's still around too. Fantastic.

2YgRBWr.jpg

Bet it's a bit lively on the throttle at roundabouts. Factory 'backie' versions had a leafsprung axle.