Home made pick ups.

Yoss

This pic was taken and posted in another thread by someone on here last summer, I've forgotten who, sorry. I saved it at the time as I thought it was interesting.

ONpaTH2.jpg

Today I found a few other pics of it. Apparently there's build info on Facebook, Kev Colbear Design / Alvar Moon's P4 although I don't have an account so can't see it. More info there if anyone's interested.

W2aljDE.jpg

geZn5o4.jpg

tPQttRY.jpg

This pic was taken and posted in another thread by someone on here last summer, I've forgotten who, sorry. I saved it at the time as I thought it was interesting.

That reminds me of that one that was in H*t C*r mag back in the day for those of you ancient enough to remember. Its body was unpolished ally and it had a series of side exhausts. As a nipper I was so impressed* I tried to replicate it from an Airfix Cortina kit :-)

Not home made as such, but remember when you could get a Cadillac Pick up?

No, not the Esclade EXT (Which If I moved stateside, id own in a heartbeat...)  but officially unofficial!

But the un-officially official Cadillic pick up's of the 70s/80's?  From what I can remember/gather was a dealer special from Cali. On both De Villes & Eldorado's. 

Cadillacpickup_02_1000.jpg

Cadillacpickup_01_1000.jpg

CadillacMirage_01_1000.jpg

CadillacMirage_02_1000.jpg

Like the Escalade EXT.
I would! 

I'm not sure if I have added this before, but, this is what happened to my hearse after I sold it.

attachicon.gifpost-3477-0-08528000-1382994034.jpg

Long since scrapped, the Australians got a proper ute.

A friend of mine had a Landcrab hearse for a while. The interior had already been stripped out and when you saw the quality of the conversion from the inside it really wouldn't take much to turn into a pick up. Just lean on it in the right place should do it.

A friend of mine had a Landcrab hearse for a while. The interior had already been stripped out and when you saw the quality of the conversion from the inside it really wouldn't take much to turn into a pick up. Just lean on it in the right place should do it.

True, the coffin deck looked structural and when you looked underneath you could see the original rear valance still tucked in place and the bodywork lengthened beyond it.

On local Facebook marketplace there is currently a Micra pickup but I'm too useless to do a link

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...