Home made pick ups.

Yoss

This topic reminds me, a couple of times when driving I've seen a home made pick-up running around in Wickford, it's quite heavily customised so not easy to identify what it is, saw it again last Friday and managed to remember the reg long enough to write it down when I'd stopped and it comes up as a 1971 BMW 2500, any other local shiters spotted it?

That Rover at the top is actually beautifully executed. It was featured in PC mag recently. He has a penchant for Rover 75s and has also done a push-me-pull-you version (yes I know) and a very clever and rather lovely two door coupe. Trouble with the pick up though, like all the others above, is it still manages to look rubbish.

Yeah I enjoyed reading about this lot too. The coupe is a truly wonderful thing, the other two fall more under 'interesting oddities'.

Funny how life pans out. I'd been thinking about starting this thread for a while but only got round to it a couple of days ago. Then we pass this on the M3 this morning.

post-20743-0-56176100-1549805245_thumb.jpg

So I would have started it today anyway. It takes a lot of work to make a Clio worse but I think they managed.

Minor pickups were a factory thing but not with a stepside.

attachicon.gif33269943172_d4e1b6ec93_o.jpg

There is a lot more to this than meets the eye.....Those are traveller doors (or at least, 2 door saloon) but there is no strength at all in a de-forested Traveller.  A modified commercial Minor cab which incorporated such longer doors and still had B pillars would not give nearly enough room for that length of bed.   Simplest route, I guess, would be to just stretch the Minor LCV chassis but its still a lot of work to produce a non-original Minor pickup!