Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

Neat. :)

Currently my vehicular budget is being streched on welding + fabricating consumables for my rusty 4-wheeled turdboxes and any money i put toward the invacar will be for stuff like the seized rear bearing and all-round brakes first and foremost. I should have some Invacar news in the new year though, no guarantees however as my productivity/workrate is a fickle bugger.👍 😉

Thanks folks. I asked the seller

Hi did those tools definitely come with a MK12? Do you know what happened to the vehicle itself please? Thanks.

Seller says:

Hi. The tools look pretty good and I don’t think they have ever been used, now over 50 years old. I can’t guarantee they are for the MK12 as my wife’s uncle had a few of these as he was disabled but the manual was inside the tool wallet when I came across it at home as we preparing to move home.

8 minutes ago, egg said:

Thanks folks. I asked the seller

Seller says:

interesting stuff :) 

have to say I have never seen the Flat Tyre stuff from Invacar, will be interesting to see what it says

this and the tool kit make me think it was from a Private example, as a Ministry example all this would be taken care of by the Ministry (except the instruction manual I believe Ministry users still got one of those) 

have wondered in a similar vain as to what did private Model 70's come with when new?, especially as the Drivers manual for the Model 70 normally says DHSS right on the front cover!

image.png

• egg changed the title to Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

Ah yes, I am the new custodian of this fine smoll steed!

Collected in multiple parts from BlankFrank (a jolly nice chap), many of which travelled in style in the C15, which was given a special wash and brush-up for the occasion.

03-Mar-21 - C15 collects Mk12E.jpg

I am looking forward to working on the Villiers engine. 'Tiddly Truck', my three wheel Bonser/Martin horticultural truck, has one also.

P1120168 broad.jpg

1 hour ago, Mrs6C said:

Collected in multiple parts from BlankFrank (a jolly nice chap), many of which travelled in style in the C15, which was given a special wash and brush-up for the occasion.

I am looking forward to working on the Villiers engine. 'Tiddly Truck', my three wheel Bonser/Martin horticultural truck, has one also.

P1120168 broad.jpg

Two Invacars! I can see @Six-cylinder just managing to contain his excitement....

2 hours ago, Mrs6C said:

flat pack Invacar for the win! 

really happy to see this one stay in the fold and hopefully continue its gradual  path to roadworthiness, it is certainly in the right hands :)

I look forward to seeing at the FoD, I have never seen an Invacar Mk12 in person before so it will be very interesting to see and go over :)