Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

• 3 weeks later...

awww shame to see this for sale 

I had look forward to its restoration etc with you :) 

if you dont mind me asking, why is it for sale?

I hope it stays within Autoshite!

is this something you want gone fairly sharpish and is the spare villiers engine included?

im just thinking for £50 if theres anyway I can buy it!

Also interested in buying this. As plasticvandan got in there first then i'll concede to his decision to buy or not, but if the situation prevents the invacar going all the way to Dorset, i'm based in Bucks and i'll buy it (Depending on delivery cost, currently working that out).

I've taken in the "Saved 323" and fixed it up if you want my "autoshite credentials"  btw (speaking of, i must post an update sometime soon in that topic)

1 hour ago, egg said:

All is ok lads, just having to make some tough calls.

yeah I just saw your post in the news 24 thread

im more than happy to pay the £50 plus transportation costs

the only problem is where the hell im going to put It! I cant just pay you to keep it in the lockup its currently in can I? LOL

(otherwise @Mrs6C @Six-cylinder is there anymore space at the FoD? more then happy to pay for the storage! theres the field Mopeds how about a field Invacar? :mrgreen: but I feel quite bad tagging you into this given I have my own Model 70 and Model 64 trailer already taking up valuable chod storage space :( )

perhaps I should not have jumped on the trailer so readily! 

im mainly worried about into being lost into the ether if it leaves the forum or worst gets bought for its villiers engine and the rest disposed of etc

or just sold on for profit as a whole!

I very much want to ensure this stays within the forum and gets returned to the road

if I was to end up with it while there really not much I could do with it given my current situation, but once i get REV on the road etc etc

maybe a while down the line I could slowly tinker away at it till I get it going or such :) 

(I have also let Stuart know its for sale incase he is interested)

7 minutes ago, plasticvandan said:

Am interested as I think I could do something with this,and being a resident invacar licker would make sense,just a cost effective way if moving it from Kent to Dorset during a lockdown situation to think about.

If anyone can help Dan - we'd be all ears.

@BlankFrank and @LightBulbFun - your interest also duly noted!

Alright. :) I'm currently getting that quote from Wingz: Eggs invacar to my place.

Egg, If this goes through for me then Wingz should be in touch with any needed details (timeframe of collection, location, and plans for payment to you, my full name and address for v5, etc) , im still awaiting the delivery quote so i can't say for certain, but i'm committed if the delivery isn't above my means.   Edit: Delivery plan with wingz confirmed. ?

(and if LBF is fine with only owning 1 invacar for a bit so i can get Eggs ;) )

9 minutes ago, BlankFrank said:

Alright. :) I'm currently getting that delivery quote to my place from Eggs via Wings.

Egg, If this goes through for me then Wings should be in touch with any needed details (my full name and address for v5, etc) , im still awaiting the delivery quote so i can't say for certain, but i'm comitted if the delivery isn't above my means.

(and if LBF is fine with only owning 1 invacar for a bit so i can get Eggs ;) )

Yay!

im perfectly happy with you going for it, sounds like your much better setup for handling it all then I am!

but I do ask that should you have to move it in the future that you please try and sell it through autoshite first/let me know so I can either take it on myself or find a suitable home for it!

like I said im very worried that this may get lost to the ether and or just bought and sold for profit to be someone's garden ornament as has happened to far too many surviving Invacars out there!

9 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

Yay!

im perfectly happy with you going for it, sounds like your much better setup for handling it all then I am!

but I do ask that should you have to move it in the future that you please try and sell it through autoshite first/let me know so I can either take it on myself or find a suitable home for it!

like I said im very worried that this may get lost to the ether and or just bought and sold for profit to be someone's garden ornament as has happened to far too many surviving Invacars out there!

Cheers.

Absolutely, if i ever have to part with it (assuming i get it) then you'll have first refusal, egg and dan too.

9 hours ago, BlankFrank said:

Will do. :)

Ball is rolling with Wingz, delivery price agreed, logistics being discussed atm.,

Thanks @BlankFrank, I have now responded to @Wingz123 to try and arrange details.

You will of course receive the spare engine and the two spare tyres as part of the deal.

However, @inconsistant also has a couple of spare wheels for me in Surrey - I'm not sure if @Wingz123 could pick them up on his way up to you? 

Thanks for the headsup on the spare engine and tyres.

By the way, my autoshite account seems to not have a p.m function, i've never removed it or anything - it was just never there in the first place, i've messaged the admins using the contact link so i'll mention if i get a responce. That'll be why your message(s) don't reach me.

In leu of that, i'm messaging wingz (on whatsapp) to see if we can do what we did last time with the mazda and i'd send him the cost of the car and its delivery together, then he sends the previous owner (in this case, you) the money for the car. We had to do that last time with TheDoctor and the Saved 323 to get around the issue of me not having a p.m function to exchange details like payment details, v5 changeover details with TheDoctor directly.

If you fancy, tell me and i'll ask wingz if he will message you my mobile number so you can message me and we can text/whatsapp-message the payment details and all other needed stuff.

2 hours ago, egg said:

Thanks @BlankFrank, I have now responded to @Wingz123 to try and arrange details.

You will of course receive the spare engine and the two spare tyres as part of the deal.

However, @inconsistant also has a couple of spare wheels for me in Surrey - I'm not sure if @Wingz123 could pick them up on his way up to you? 

Whereabouts in Surrey are you @inconsistant 

25 minutes ago, inconsistant said:

Hello!

I do indeed have a couple of wheels here. I’m close to J6 M25.

Cheers. If @Wingz123 picked the wheels up on his way to Kent (I appreciate that may be very early in the AM, and may not be convenient for either party)....he could also bring that guitar @inconsistant has for me too!  I feel that may be pushing my luck and people's goodwill, so disregard if so...