Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

Is there a hope in hell of him selling one?

Oh come on everyone! Minor details. LBF already stated it's a steel one not some complicated fibreglass mould. One can be made out of 20mm box section in a pipe bender with a sheet of zintec on top. It's not a Chris Bangle compound concave monstrosity with a double helix wank hinge.

Oh and the rear screen is a bit of shed window from B&Q cut roughly out with a jig saw.

Key things are brakes, engine and electrics as both DW and Zel have shown.

Crack on sir. Well jealous.

Oh - if you do wind up needing heat to free stuff up - don't much around with propane.  Just to and buy a MAPP torch.  I did recently and because it had been a good few years since I'd last used on realised quite rapidly that I'd forgotten quite how vast a difference there is between the amount of heat you can get into stuff between the two.

i.e. something that I'd been able to get hot enough to start thinking about brazing after a few minutes with a propane torch was glowing cherry red within about ten seconds with this thing.  Though obviously that brings with it a very big warning of ensuring that you've fire suppression kit on hand and that common sense should always be used around it, as it's a lot easier to set stuff that you don't tend to think of as flammable on fire with this stuff!

Yes I must agree that a propane torch is more or less no fucking use whatsoever.

Anyway, top work. Fibreglass is good fun to work with.

Use a big stack of 3mm MDF templates to take the shape of the "good" half of the back (like a contour guage) then rearrange them in reverse order to give you a matching but reversed contour mould for the other side.

Kart engine Villiers 210cc is an 11e . Perhaps the 210  limit was allowing for rebores .

https://villiersservices.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=3

This service is ideal for engines which have been standing for years and their back ground is unknown, or for motors which have been run into the ground and all the consumables are worn out.

sounds about right 

Enquires will be made in due course. 

Goes without saying that anyone who wants to come and have a poke around at it and generally give advice which I'll probably forget, is welcome!

LBF could you make it to Stratford? One train from there and could pick you up (takes just over an hour). Not sure how feasible that would be for you.

Enquires will be made in due course. 

Goes without saying that anyone who wants to come and have a poke around at it and generally give advice which I'll probably forget, is welcome!

LBF could you make it to Stratford? One train from there and could pick you up (takes just over an hour). Not sure how feasible that would be for you.

I think i could (stratford is about 38 mins away on public transport)

however I do have some arrangements with Zel that id like to do/am working on, so im a bit worried about making more arrangements, because of my chronic back issues and the fact any public transporting I do has to come out of my invacar slush fund, so im a bit worried about putting too much of a dent into that (when you only get £15 every 2 weeks it takes a good while to recover if you end up spending £30 on public transport)

but I appreciate the invitation and very well may take you up on that when things improve here :)

now if I had a Model 70 I could just pop in that and have a nice pleasant drive down  :mrgreen: 

do you think at some point you could grab some close up shots of the control box thingy that the tiller goes into? iv never seen that up close :)

(I know for example you can start the engine backwards for reverse, on all 4 gears as a result!, but i wonder how thats done, im guessing theres some sort of knob on that control box for it)

BTW have ya tried firing off an email to 2 email addresses here http://www.invalidcarriageregister.org/ ?

from what iv read they dont really do much these days, but an email does not cost anything so worth a shot me thinks :)

(on that note, I wonder if you can get the rest of the vehicle IDs via the engine number...)

On the bright side, that missing A pillar should make it easier to fit the screen - just lift the roof up and drop it in. :)

Having the screen is also useful as it'll give you a guide to where the roof should sit for you to redo the pillar.  I would fibreglass in a strip of aluminium or galvanised steel to hold everything in place, then build the pillar up around that.

BTW have ya tried firing off an email to 2 email addresses here http://www.invalidcarriageregister.org/ ?

from what iv read they dont really do much these days, but an email does not cost anything so worth a shot me thinks :)

(on that note, I wonder if you can get the rest of the vehicle IDs via the engine number...)

That's a thought. I'm going to need to speak to Simon at the ICR somehow if I want to find out the original registration. At the very least I need to get the year of manufacture so there's a chance the DVLA can issue an age related plate.

Zel is correct about getting the screen in to give some support for the roof. You could always use the existing screen to make an MDF copy so you can keep the real one safe.

This.

But I'd copy the screen plus the thickness of screen rubber onto a thick piece of MDF or ply. Then just use the wood in the hole as template,

If you cut a thin piece of MDF and secure it in the hole with screen rubber the flimsy wood may distort slightly such that the glass being more solid will not fit the hole afterwards.

I'd use Laminated glass for rear screen, and Aluminium sheet rather than zintec for the door, easier to work with.