Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

I've called this morning and provisionally agreed the purchase - he won't take any money from me as they are having some problems with their bank, but I have at least a verbal agreement that it is mine, for what it is worth. I still think there is potential for him to change his mind, so will have to take him at his word.

They will use a telehandler to get it off the ridge, and I've agreed to arrange transport in the next week or so.

shit is getting realer.

This is brilliant. I'm excited!

Could do a quote with these for comparison purposes:

https://www.deliveryquotecompare.com/vehicle-delivery/car-transporters/

https://www.anyvan.com/vehicle-delivery/car-delivery

Egg, are you not in a position to take delivery at the moment?  Surely it'd be a lot easier to just get it picked up and brought down to yours, rather than faffing about dropping it half way and then getting it Shiply'd the rest of the way at a later date?

Yeah, this is very much my way - faff around during the process, but once I've made a decision, it will happen!

I wanted to keep my Mondeo off road for the rest of the salty season - but I guess this takes immediate precedence.

I still only have one quote on the table for the full journey from shiply. I wonder if it is because I listed it under 'other vehicles' rather than cars. We'll see, there might be a flurry on Sunday night as drivers set up their work for the week (though I know most of these guys work 24/7)

Oooh this is getting properly exciting :) im looking forward to seeing some Mk12 action on here :) (now we just need someone to get a Tippen Delta and someone else to get a Model 67 and we will have the whole "trifecta" of the last villiers invalid carriages before the Model 70 showed up)

it might be time for plasticvandan to spill all he knows about Mk12s

because if Model 70 info is scarce, Mk12 info is even scarcer sadly, plus I thoroughly enjoy any invalid carriage info I can get my hands on :)

(on that note, I THINK Zel might have a brake hose thingy for a Mk12 invacar)

Well I could potentially go and get it from the yard next Saturday, assuming availability of suitable assistance for loading into the van, but I wouldn't be able to store it.  Depends on what Shiply comes up with I suppose.

Funnily enough Dave, I'm free next Saturday if you need a hand lifting etc. 

This is brilliant. I'm excited!

Could do a quote with these for comparison purposes:

https://www.deliveryquotecompare.com/vehicle-delivery/car-transporters/

https://www.anyvan.com/vehicle-delivery/car-delivery

I've now put details in both these sites, thanks. Let's see what happens.

I'm conscious I've generated plenty of heat here, I hope this comes off!!!

A few quotes from 'delivery quote compare' for the whole journey, best is £240 to date.

I'm going to be £500 into this without having seen it...ace.

I think next step is to pay the fiver to promote the journey on Shiply, I have had success with this before, I'll do that shortly.

I think we have a back up plan though from Wuv, Barmatt and 95 quid, which I'm grateful for, but even better if I can get it before next weekend.

I think we have a back up plan though from Wuv, Barmatt and 95 quid, which I'm grateful for, but even better if I can get it before next weekend.

I'm always up for a random retrieval / resurrection missions. It's been at least 6 days since Wuv and I did this and I'm hankering to relive it.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Alternative back-up plan = pre booked MOT

tis MOT exempt :)

but you might want a bottle of 2 stroke oil for the pez shot... (do any petrol stations sell premix anymore?)

good thing the fact it has only half a floor doesn't matter because its driven from entirely 1 hand  :mrgreen: (how exactly im still not 100% sure...)

its probably not heel n toe, more finger n thumb...

I think actually driving it is the least of my worries, lol.

But it's like this - chances of rare 3 wheeler being saved while sitting on a hillock on Norfolk 0%.

Chances of being saved if I blow this year's motoring budget on it - slightly more than 0%.

It's not my preferred option Wuv, but as yet have had no quotes on the shorter journey to 95Pug's - so resigning myself a bit to the fact if I go for a courier, it might be all the way to my lock-up.

The other thing I've been thinking about is how to unload it my end if I hire a van....

I'm not sure if I can drive a Luton with a tail lift on my post-97 driving licence (passed 2000)? Going to be too heavy with an Invacar aboard?

I passed my test in 2002 and have rented and driven countless Lutons so no problem there.

I have also used a Luton to move Mini's twice so also not a problem providing you can get it up in there.

The Mini's I transported were shells with all of the bits separate so same weight, just in more manageable chunks.

If you have enough people, you can roll the back wheels of the Invacar onto the tail lift and then have someone raise it whilst others lift the front until you are high enough to roll it in