Invacar MK12 - New owner Mrs 6Cyl

egg

glass can be cut pretty easily at boat places /windscreen firms , rubbers are avail in universal flavor

the pillar...i guess take a look at the cross section of whats left and get making one ....you can make a mold or buck out of any old shit then cover it with parcel tape so it releases ...at least fibre glass is pretty cheap lol

I'd try walloping the wheels first off to free the brakes. On mine, I used a bar across the wheelnuts to increase leverage force when trying to turn them. Had to resort to heat as well as I recall, but they did all free off in the end. I'd also whip that plug out and get some oil into the cylinder.

At some point, you will need a ONE WHEEL DRIVE IT sticker.

You might not have as much trouble as you expect on the bodywork repairs, working with fibreglass is generally easier than working with metal.  You've also got half of the car there, so with some clever thinking you have at least got the material to take patterns from and mirror.  The A pillar construction does look very simple, of all the repairs you've got at least on this first view, that one does seem the easiest.  I'd expect replacing the door and remaking the slightly more complicated shape of the back panel to be the difficult bits on this.

Good luck!

You've also got half of the car there, so with some clever thinking you have at least got the material to take patterns from and mirror.

My thoughts exactly, that 'A' pillar can be copied from the other side, and glassed into place.

Good luck Egg!  Look forward to seeing it bombing* around Kent!  (that wasn't a reference to them catching fire btw) :D

I think the first thing to purchase is some No Nonsense spray from Screwfix (or as 320touring calls it, remonstrationg fluid). It's excellent stuff, and in the absence of heat at your lockup it'll be needed to free stuff up!

This one Rob?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/no-nonsense-penetrating-lubricating-oil-750ml/19320

Surely one of the Invacar Gurus will know if there's another chassis number hidden somewhere?

I Know on Model 70s there is one on the chassis it self somewhere so id like to think Mk12s are the same :)

I wonder what the date codes on the lightbulbs are would give an interesting insight into how it was used before being sent for scrap :)

I think the first thing to purchase is some No Nonsense spray from Screwfix (or as 320touring calls it, remonstrationg fluid). It's excellent stuff, and in the absence of heat at your lockup it'll be needed to free stuff up!

Do you hold a lighter infront of it while you spray it?

Entry level blow torch!

(Joke btw. Don't blame me if you try it. Although me and a mate used to pass the time by lighting a bonfire in his mum's garden, then cycling to the corner shop for a can of own brand hairspray....

Chuck it on and run! :-D )

Given that it's not structural I'd probably go down the road of installing the windscreen as that will keep the roof aligned with the front bulkhead, then just building up the pillar from there.  You could probably use the one on the other side to make a mould to make your life a bit easier.

As for the brakes - before getting too violent, if there are adjusters accessible and they're not utterly seized, try backing them off a bit first!

I wasted well over an hour trying to the the front brake on TP free or apart...Then turned the adjuster back by about 1/4 a turn and the darn thing freed off completely!  Wish I'd tried that back at DW's place as it would have made loading a heck of a lot easier!