Am I doomed? HOT DVLA action within.

Alanism

Lots of interesting comments, and lots of unfortunate cross-overs mixing the criminal process with civil.

Get advice NOW from a lawyer, not someone whose cousin’s friend drinks in a pub a lawyer has driven past.

I have had the court issue warrants to arrest Defendants who don’t respond to the initial “invitation” to come to court. These warrants are executed to fit the convenience of the police, not the Defendant!

I cannot stress strongly enough; get proper advice without delay.

I've been found guilty in absentia several times (mostly offences relating to cars I'd sold years previously so the summons was sent to an old address, although on one occasion I simply missed the summons somehow) and I've never once had the rozzers kicking my door in at 3am.  It's a minor motoring offence, not an armed robbery (or, it would seem, failing to appear as a prosecution witness).

That said, still defo worth speaking to a lawyer if your insurance will pay for it.

Happy weekend folks.

Just wanted to update you all.  I have received a letter this morning from the courts advising that the case has been closed.  Its not an apology but at least confirmation that I was not in the wrong.

I was planning on attending but my letter that said "I can attend but Id rather not as I haven't done anything" seems to have worked. 

I appreciate the positivity relating to this and the suggestions and I am obviously chuffed with the result.

Happy, happy, happy and I appreciate the "don't pay for something you haven't done" guidance. 

Thanks again.