Scrap yard fun.

Crusty Sills

Today I spent most of the day in a local scrap yard removing bits for repatriation to Mrs Beetle Cabriolet.

Woke up in what is referred to as 'my funk' not wanting to do anything or see anyone. Think it's because I miss my dog.

Anyway, after much procrastination I got my arse in gear and loaded tools, work boots and garage clothes in car and set off.

As I arrive I cheered up massively, they have a gorgeous dog (no pics) so got my fur cuddles in.

Spoke to the owner, explained what I wanted and he said VW's Are over there, help yourself.

So in I dug, it was a beautiful day and had a great time getting dirty, scraping knuckles, hurting back and getting a car full of shite!

Went all David Bailey (I know he does portraits) and started taking pics of dilapidated shit.

Unfortunately not much in the way of old crap but here are some pics.

post-17510-0-66774500-1549479003_thumb.jpg

this was the oldest thing in the yard.

post-17510-0-10202400-1549479112_thumb.jpg

Arty shot of rust.

post-17510-0-25821100-1549479267_thumb.jpg

Micra aisle.

post-17510-0-95309400-1549480061_thumb.jpg

Skoda's

post-17510-0-98674600-1549480180_thumb.jpg

Celica.

post-17510-0-43954400-1549481219_thumb.jpg

For njgleeds

post-17510-0-32725700-1549481601_thumb.jpg

post-17510-0-91924700-1549481761_thumb.jpg

Lovely interior on a Y plate, next to a 52 plate in dark blue.

post-17510-0-79447600-1549482054_thumb.jpg

City Rover in its natural habitat.

That’s exactly how a scrap yard should be run. Neat, tidy, all makes in one place so you don’t have to search the whole place for one specific model. Awesome. We don’t have a good walk round scrappy in stoke anymore since gintys closed and relocated to a tiny yard.

That’s exactly how a scrap yard should be run. Neat, tidy, all makes in one place so you don’t have to search the whole place for one specific model. Awesome. We don’t have a good walk round scrappy in stoke anymore since gintys closed and relocated to a tiny yard.

Its a good place but looks like a slow turn around of vehicles. I went August last year and the 3 beetles were there then.

Would only be better if in alphabetical order!!!!

I paid £45 for my haul, although prob not of much interest to most. 2 headlights, 2 fuel flap solenoids, 3 door reflector lamps, wheel arch liner, door check strap, water pipe, battery cover, bonnet release, odds and sods. Raided 6 cars in total for parts, spent 4 hours and didn't get hassled once.

Hmmmm.....Are you going back anytime soon? If so,could yoy find out how much for that, I am genuinely interested in acquiring that if it's not gung ho expensive.

& thanks also for pointing out that it's not a steering wheel cover.

Wasn't heading there again soon but it's not far from me. Can give you their number happy to remove and store for you.

I used to love nothing more than haunt our local places, McGuinness was one of the best, avr in chesterton was great as well but the health and safety inspectors screwed that one up for us all

I used to love nothing more than haunt our local places, McGuinness was one of the best, avr in chesterton was great as well but the health and safety inspectors screwed that one up for us all

Spent many a weekend at Furbers off the A41 near Whitchurch

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Guess Im lucky I have Carl Smith salvage 15 mins the opposite direction and have red lodge vehicle dismantlers about 35 mins.

I tried to get in Red Lodge but got intercepted on the gate as they don't seem to open Saturdays.

Beck Row scrapyard near Mildenhall is pretty laid back, been in there three times now. A week ago they had two Peugeot 405s in.

Mattishall if we're being picky ;) Only 15 mins from me.

Not been there for a few years, love that place though. Proper chod land and a real old school go and help yourself type yard and well priced.

Got a tow bar for an AX from there donkeys years ago, along with a 205 GTi steering wheel... £15 the lot.

Need to take a trip back for a wander I think, nothing I need but used to go down every week as a 17-18 year old just to see what was about!

Don't suppose you noticed whether they had any Mk5 or Mk6 Golfs knocking about?