I've got a problem... Now Dave's big Red ST220 Thread

DaveDorson

3 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

I bought a spring kit from ford. Eibach springs all round. Lowered it a tad, which made it look so much better. 

The aim is to sell it to a Ford botherer once it's done.  I think as original as is possible is probably the right way to go with it.  

Of course, I'll have to price it appropriately, and I'll need to ensure I'm using it regularly in order to maximize my viewing potential when selling.  ;)

1 hour ago, DaveDorson said:

The aim is to sell it to a Ford botherer once it's done.  I think as original as is possible is probably the right way to go with it.  

Of course, I'll have to price it appropriately, and I'll need to ensure I'm using it regularly in order to maximize my viewing potential when selling.  ;)

I’ll be honest, the eibach kit (if you can still get it) is better than standard let me see if I can find a picture of mine... one second 

1 hour ago, sutty2006 said:

I’ll be honest, the eibach kit (if you can still get it) is better than standard let me see if I can find a picture of mine... one second 

My daily is an ST TDCI MK3 Estate with -50mm Eibach springs over Bilstien shock absorbers :)

I know it's ace, I'm just thinking full resale value is all.

• 4 months later...

I moved this ages ago now and I've not even touched it.

It's never going to get done with my current workload.

Anyone want to bring a trailer and make me an utterly derisory offer on the car, before it gets taken to bits and broken.

Seriously..  I could use the space right now, it's taking up a valuable slot outside the workshop.

47051917301_ed8487f485_z.jpgIMG_20190210_152351090 by davedorson, on Flickr

46138350835_62edc098c2_z.jpgIMG_20190210_152413683 by davedorson, on Flickr

32110272817_137f473c0f_z.jpgIMG_20190210_152557455 by davedorson, on Flickr

I think the center caps are in the car.

Comes with a replacement front bumper that needs a bit of work, in the wrong colour.

All four doors need cleaning up but are repairable.

The broken drivers window regulator has a replacement part in the car.

It did start with a fresh battery, so I dare say it will again.

I've got some spare calipers for the rear that are not shagged, you'll want to budget for new discs and pads, and new springs for each corner.

The interior is lovely aside from the center arm rest in the front, that needs replacing.

3 hours ago, sutty2006 said:

Out of interest, what is a low ball offer on it? 

I've got my eye on something that would sit in its place.   Try me.   Just bear in mind you will need a trailer and it might have some horrors once you start chopping away at it.

I could realistically break it, I have time and space and tools to do that, but it really does seem a shame.

• 2 weeks later...