dvla shite hawks

theshadow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I bought a breaker moped.

Seller clearly hasnt sent the V5 off as DVLA had no record of change of keeper.

Printed out forms - sent in with green slip.

Letter today " we cant process this as you havent sent £25 or the green slip"

YOU FUCKING SHITEHAWKS.

Luckily I scanned the green slip before I sent it off.

Thank you for your letter dated 3rd June 2019 regarding the application for a V5c for the above vehicle ( not as per your letter CU60 FHG).

I have been attempting to obtain a log book for this moped since May when the seller clearly did not post off the V5c notifying you of a change of keeper - I spoke to someone at the DVLA who confirmed that no change of keeper request had been made towards the end of May and submitted a V62 along with the change of keeper slip. Quite why you have failed to find the change of keeper slip within the envelope secured with a paperclip to the V62 and the V890 is something that will probably remain one of life's little mysteries. I enclose a scanned copy that I took of the change of keeper slip for my own records. I understand that as I have ( or had) the original change of keeper green slip that I do not have to pay the £25 fee for a log book, I also understand that the last owner could be fined for not notifying of the change and I suggest that it would be more profitable  to pursue them rather than losing my green slip.

I do hope that the return correspondence from the DVLA will be a long awaited V5c for this moped and that I won't have to waste more time and postage responding.

May well be filed under B for bin but makes me feel slightly better.

• 3 weeks later...