AS in the Community - The Association of Associated MASSIVS 01/01/23

davidfowler2000

Super day out again ladies and gents! 

Auction was suitably crap, and I’m beginning to wonder if I should’ve put my hand up for the £100 Almera. Although the embarrassment of being soundly beaten in the auction game by @Mrsbrownnova will live long in the memory! 

Thanks also to various scotch for a shot in various motors such as these! 

EF8BE797-1330-4E22-B982-B2D7B357D001.jpeg

Great fun and great company! Let’s do it again soon! 

An enjoyable day out again. For the second time one bad choice in the auction game put me well out of the running although I did have the Suzuki Liana on my list. Like @brownnova I was tempted to bid on the £100 Almera but with 5 cars already I thought it best not to. I also had a chance for a quick spin around the car park in the Citroen of @320touring.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to go to the museum as I had to dash off To Wombourne to help with set up for tomorrow's model show but from the photos it looks like somewhere I'll have to visit some time soon.

Sorry for the slow Autoshite auction game results.

My scanner is not talking to my PC right now, which is odd as the PC will print through the same device, I'll post the full catalog and selections tonight once I have a chance to solve the problem but right now the results were:

14. BL Bloke - £4050

13. JP (Brother 320 Touring) - £3865

12. Davidfowler2000 - £3105

11. Mr CMS - £3075

10. Mrs CMS - £3070 - I adjudicated £400 for the missing price on lot 73, that maybe a little low. 

9. Clayts 450 - £3060

8. Team Pillock - £3040

7. Anthong G - £2970

6. 320 Touring - £2965

5. BrownNova - £2945

4. Float Racer - £2865

3. Mrs BrownNova - £2685

2. FloatyLight - £2600

1. Sloth in a bowl - £2415

12 hours ago, Floatylight said:

Crackin Day out, even though we did have to get back after the auction. Some complete crap but a lot of cars for small change that I wouldnt be ashamed to be seen in..

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I've thought that before watching the cars go through. Then I remember where I am... 

We need @Kiltox to turn up and buy a 2017 VW Passat from there and keep us updated 

I think I must have been the only one who heard a guy who come over when the auction had finished and we were standing by the exit doors - "the auctioneer would like a word with one of you" or words to that effect;  once the dust had settled I found myself looking a the backs of the departing AS Community.  Oh well I thought, here I go;  the auctioneer was leaning out of his window so quoth I - "you were in good voice today".  I then explained the gathering and the quiz;  what does the winner?  get he asks;  just appearing as the winner in the internet forum says I.  Maybe he spotted a commercial opportunity.

I asked if we were causing him any bother;  not at all said he, so I reckon Cannock meets should be good for the future but there could be a bit of merry banter from him.

KrueJoe's frying pan has been passed to Mr Fowler for speedy transfer to Glasgow;  who will be the next lucky recipient?

Sorry I missed you all at Aldridge , but hope that you enjoyed it :)I'm a volunteer there but yesterday I took Mrs C to Windsor for the day, so  you missed a guided* tour,  but I hope that you all managed to have a 'drive ' on the Guy LUF, it is a great favourite with the children ;)

• 3 years later...
  • chaseracer changed the title to AS in the Community - The Association of Associated MASSIVS 01/01/23
23 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

£49 for a Premier Inn in Cannock on the 31st December.

Tempting.

4 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Now what to do, I have arranged to borrow an Opel Monza for a local show in Milton Keynes on the 1st.

Clearly, you both need to be in Bridgnorth on NYD.

YKIMS.