AS in the Community - The Association of Associated MASSIVS 01/01/23

davidfowler2000

5 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Would it actually get you to Stony without a backup vehicle? 😉

Yes it is working locally fine and Ian says he is going to take it to Worcester for work which will be interesting. If it does peter to a halt locally getting home/recovering it is not such a big deal.

305125661_473252638040574_5601447598395174717_n broad.jpg

What is the format for this version of Midlands Massiving? Do we meet for brekkie at the trucker's on the morning before heading to the railway? What time are we heading to said railway? Presumably the Bridgenorth end?

Also seeing as there are now 2 Scottish parties attending, would anyone like to meet for dinner / drinks on the 31st?

On 12/15/2022 at 11:48 AM, Six-cylinder said:

Yes it is working locally fine and Ian says he is going to take it to Worcester for work which will be interesting. If it does peter to a halt locally getting home/recovering it is not such a big deal.

305125661_473252638040574_5601447598395174717_n broad.jpg

Did that Monza used to be long term owned by a guy on the blue, with a collection of big Vauxhalls/Opels? Monzaphil or something similar?

1 minute ago, Jenson Velcro said:

Did that Monza used to be long term owned by a guy on the blue, with a collection of big Vauxhalls/Opels? Monzaphil or something similar?

Yes that's the one. Ian is a friend of Phil. 

Strangely Ian used to own the Vauxhall Royal saloon that I now have although I didn't buy it from him.

I am very much looking forward to borrowing the Monza on New Years day and maybe it will be an incentive to get my Royal running.

Scotland will be having dinner at the Beefeater in Cannock next to the hotel. Table is booked at 7pm for 6 peeps so there's a few extra spaces for local shiters. Let me know here if you're attending in case I need to bump the booking up a bit.

Beefeater Longford House
Watling St
Cannock
December 31st 2022
1900hrs

On 12/21/2022 at 8:19 PM, davidfowler2000 said:

What is the format for this version of Midlands Massiving? Do we meet for brekkie at the trucker's on the morning before heading to the railway? What time are we heading to said railway? Presumably the Bridgenorth end?

Also seeing as there are now 2 Scottish parties attending, would anyone like to meet for dinner / drinks on the 31st?

There is a Cafe that was pretty reasonable last time we visited at Bridnorth where we had breakfast, watched the choo choos, some did catch a train down to Bewdley and back.

On 12/30/2022 at 3:57 PM, chaseracer said:

OW!!

1. Truckers: yes, can do (tradition, old charter, etc.) - 9.00ish?
2. Leave Truckers 10.00ish, aiming for SVR Bridgnorth around 10.30ish?  Times are flexible, and some may go straight to Bridgnorth.
3. Yes... 😉

See you at the truckers at 9! (Ish)

8 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Just checked - Truckers is closed until Tuesday, but the Hollies (further down A5 toward M6/J12) looks like it'll be open.

https://www.rktruckstops.co.uk/locations/road-king-new-hollies/

Lucky I dug a little further...

The Hollies FB page confirms that they're closed tomorrow too!  So, there's a MaccyD's across from where the Scottish delegation is staying (Longford, Cannock - where the A4601 crosses the A5) or we can all meet at SVR Bridgnorth station where bacon can be obtained.

2 minutes ago, chaseracer said:

Lucky I dug a little further...

The Hollies FB page confirms that they're closed tomorrow too!  So, there's a MaccyD's across from where the Scottish delegation is staying (Longford, Cannock - where the A4601 crosses the A5) or we can all meet at SVR Bridgnorth station where bacon can be obtained.

Alternatively breakfast can be had for non guests at the Premier Inn where we're staying, if that's any more tempting than a McBreakfast?

Good to see all folks this weekend... @chaseracer, @Inspector Morose, @hairnet, @Floatylight, @Lankytim

Apologies for not sticking around at breakfast but trains were to be had. Myself and @juular along with the WOMEN_df2k&juular did the train the full length of the line, the wee museum at Kidderminster, back to Highley for the bigger museum there before back to Bridgnorth and home. Got back to Glasgow about 2200.

A good weekend had by all.