2003 C70 2.0t GT auto.

Tetleysmooth

Although I've got the Red Baron running and driving well now, I still have a hankering for a Volvo estate or coupe, so....

Swap my 2003 Volvo C70 2.0t GT auto for your V70/C70 coupe auto. Would ideally like a T5 - yeah right, stop sniggering at the back - but a 2.5 or 2.4 would do nicely, turbo or non.

The Red Baron is mot'd until late June. The hood works fine. Uses absolutely no oil or coolant. Just shy of 86k miles.

No history unfortunately. It does have the fancy wind deflector thingy though.

Bodywork is good, save for the usual bumper corner scuffs. I strongly suspect Mrs Tet of doing the last scuff when I was in hospital earlier this month. Grrr.

If you read the original thread when I first bought the car, you'll know the box misbehaved a tad. I've now done three partial atf changes using the correct 3309 fluid, and the box now performs normally. I reckon one more full atf change, and you could forget about the box for a good while. If I end up keeping the beast, I'll be doing this myself, but I stress, the box works fine now.

The temp guage takes a while to rise, but the heater is lovely and toasty.

As I said, this is a half arsed swap thread because I'm not desperate to part with it, after all, the fair weather is only a few months away, and it's cracking with the top down. I'm gradually talking myself out of it here.

Anyway, here's some pics of when I first got it. It hasn't changed at all.

post-5359-0-16328600-1549022166_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-63522300-1549022199_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-36002100-1549022233_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-31300700-1549022283_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-44728300-1549022320_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-62552200-1549022358_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-26899800-1549022393_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-66652300-1549022432_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-48413700-1549022469_thumb.jpg

post-5359-0-15006300-1549022508_thumb.jpg

Risking the wrath of Mrs Tet, the red mats are now gone, well, they're in the boot on top of the spare wheel under the boot carpet.

I found a full set of correct Volvo overmats in the boot, so they're fitted to the car. They even have C70 stamped into them.

Very dirty though. When the weather gets better, they can have a shampoo.

Yesterday was the first day I even felt like tinkering since before Christmas, I didn't know pneumonia was so debilitating.

Back to work tonight. First night's work since December 23rd.

Risking the wrath of Mrs Tet, the red mats are now gone, well, they're in the boot on top of the spare wheel under the boot carpet.

I found a full set of correct Volvo overmats in the boot, so they're fitted to the car. They even have C70 stamped into them.

Very dirty though. When the weather gets better, they can have a shampoo.

Yesterday was the first day I even felt like tinkering since before Christmas, I didn't know pneumonia was so debilitating.

Back to work tonight. First night's work since December 23rd.

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I think this car is brilliant, although unfortunately I can't buy it for space and wife reasons.

I'd even put the red mats back in.

Today was the first day I felt like doing anything to this.

So this morning I scrubbed the hood, washed the red beast down, and gave those correct overmats a wash.

I'm going to do a couple of jobs on this now, not because they're critical, but just because they're bugging me.

I got a replacement thermostat housing through the post today, complete with 'stat and coolant temp sensor. The heater gets nice and toasty - had to actually turn it down yesterday while me and Mrs Tet were out and about - but the temp guage takes a little too long to reach the 3 o'clock position for my liking, so hopefully I'll sort that.

Got another 8 litres of JWS 3309 on order too, so another couple of partial changes are on the way. Not doing it because the 'box is playing up again, but just to satisfy myself really, and if anyone from this forum has it, I don't want it messing them about.

Will I still sell it after the jobs are done? I don't know. I've had very little interest in it, and it's not a bad old Volvo really, plus spring/summer isn't far away, so may be, maybe not, but if were offered a nice V70 or possibly even a BMW e39, then I would probably think hard on a deal.

Looking out the window at it as we speak, and it does look rather nice.

Rainham, Essex.

As I have now found a V70 I'd like, I'll let this go for £650.

I've just received the 8 litres of JWS 3309 atf and I'll include that in the sale along with the replacement thermostat housing I bought this week.

I'll only sell this as long as anyone is entirely satisfied with the condition and running/driving. I would hate to sell anything that isn't up to scratch.

Did I mention it has the expensive option windbreak thingy and dvd screens fitted to the headrests?