Laguna escapades **CHEEKY BUGGERS 23/03**

fatharris

I might try this on the 11, as the heater in that is also rubbish. I assume it's a case of lob it in, drive for a bit then flush.

I chucked one in the ZT a few weeks back and just left it, shouldn't do any harm as it's quite diluted. Made a very slight improvement to the terrible heating, fairly confident the matrix is just full of gunk. Plan is to throw in a few more dishwasher tabs and give it a good run, then if there's some more improvement I'll probably flush it out.

Congrats on getting back safely in one piece through deeply unpleasant road conditions - the first Epic Collection Thread of 2019??

I always found my Lags performed well in the snow, especially with winter tyres fitted.

post-17915-0-59805500-1549019089_thumb.jpg

looking at the heater matrix next, any easy way to confirm if it's a Valeo or Behr unit? Is it a dash out job?

Would second the dishwasher tablet trick as a first sttempt at getting your heater toasty again.

If there's still no joy and the matrix needs replacing, then to find out what type of heater set-up you have (Valeo/Behr), get your head into the passenger footwell, yank out the fibre matting and shine a torch up into the corner and see what's written on the blower unit.

post-17915-0-90249600-1549014124_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-76634300-1549014140_thumb.jpg

Course, you may then discover that, perplexingly, yours is apparently a Valeo-type unit, but manufactured by Behr.

post-17915-0-36690900-1549018774_thumb.jpg

Or else Mr Haynes is talking out of his blower unit, again.

I'll hoke the roof bars out of the shed over the weekend and see what's what - hasn't been a great week for it (but you already know that!)

I dread to ask but where do you chuck these dishwasher tabs? In the coolant?!

Glad you made it home safely, that was bloody good going!

Yeah just crumble one or two into the coolant expansion tank. Done it a few times, not had any problems and occasionally it's made a minor improvement, of course results may vary...