BeEP's motors - Pride MOT'd, Cinq starts, C1 for sale.

BeEP

Congrats on passing the Mot! The Punto looks in great condition. Always nice to see a car given a second chance. Looking forward to seeing your new arrival too.

Out of interest how much money are you wanting for this fine motor vehicle?

Good timing; I've just started a for sale thread.  £295 as it stands, including the as yet unfitted release bearing.

As hinted at last week, and captured by Craig the Princess in the News24 thread, today we went on a multiple Multipla collection mission and returned with these:

post-17876-0-53260300-1550604965_thumb.jpg

I'll take more tomorrow; one day I might even get a smartphone so I can record stuff as it unfolds, but don't hold your breath!

The red one is a very early JTD105; the number of differences to the more common 110 is surprising, and the early instrument cluster more interesting.  It has MOT until end of June; expect a cheap roffle within the next couple of days once I've given it a clean and better look over.

The silver one is a JTD110, and an odd spec being an ELX without the twin sunroofs.  It was initially registered abroad which might explain it.  MOT expired last week, but apart from a mouldy interior is probably the better car (albeit a worse colour and without the early novelty of the red one). Has obviously had quite a bit of money spent on parts over the past couple of years.  Will wait its turn before being submitted for MOT

You’ve got a great set up by the looks of things. Plenty of space which is what so many of us absolutely yearn for. If I can’t get a quick fix for my Granvia driving seat issue I might knock on your door for an interim multipla because, at the moment, I don’t have a functioning car that I can fit my whole family in (!)

You’ve got a great set up by the looks of things. Plenty of space which is what so many of us absolutely yearn for. If I can’t get a quick fix for my Granvia driving seat issue I might knock on your door for an interim multipla because, at the moment, I don’t have a functioning car that I can fit my whole family in (!)

Yes, I have to admit to being fortunate with the amount of space I have.  It was the main reasom for buying the place. 

By all means come and have a look at the Multiplas; you're not far away (although you were a lot closer to them until today!). 

The red one is basically available straight away (seller did V5s online so should be with me by the end of the week).  It's very presentable (dent in nearside front wing excepted) with a decent interior (for a Multipla). A bit barnacled underneath but nothing I can see which would definitely fail an MOT (not due until end June anyway).  No guarantees though, whiich is why I thought a roffle may be a good way of selling as the buyer wouldn't have invested much.  Always open to a straight sale though.

Well, the Corsa went and failed its MOT today.  Small holes in the rear outer and inner neadside sill.  To which I added two more when the sill cover was removed and the whole sill cleaned up.  Whoever invented sill covers needs a damn good talking to!

As a result of this getting the red Multipla cleaned up hasn't really happened yet, although I did tidy things up under the bonnet yesterday.  Hopefully I'll have some time on it tomorrow and Saturday and the promised roffle/for sale thread can get started.

Love the red 'un.

I've been elbow deep in clutch today.

Getting the gearbox back in through a stupid aperture (when your a weakling cause you work at a desk all day) was a bleeding slog.

Still, another 4 hours tonight and I should be able to experience TORQUE!

GLWTS.

Oh and sill covers are shit - I own an X type.

9619a788012c838463b085d1fd9c9df8.jpg9a082be97cec14f278a06d7c2e87dc31.jpg

I spent some time on the red Multipla this morning, and it has scrubbed up quite well.  Plastics not as bad as some but still veering towards chewing gum.  Seats all pretty much intact but a bit grubby.  Dent in wing the biggest cosmetic issue, although there are other scratches etc.  Has acquired a red parcel shelf at some point. A couple of the external door handles need pushing back down or the door won't latch.  Must be a Fiat thing, I've seen the same on Pandas.  Glow plug light flashes after starting indicating a fault, but so does the silver one and Craig the Princess's has done the same since he got it two years ago.  All start perfectly.

I'm holding off on the roffle/sale thread for the moment as there could be a deal with another shiter brewing behind the scenes.  Anyway, here's how it looks now....

post-17876-0-31746900-1550862001_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-36637100-1550862017_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-47481300-1550862033_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-95640800-1550862046_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-65297600-1550862058_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-87375300-1550862071_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-76116100-1550862083_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-10312700-1550862095_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-39983000-1550862105_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-43095700-1550862119_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-16913400-1550862131_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-71683400-1550862140_thumb.jpg

A couple of the external door handles need pushing back down or the door won't latch.  Must be a Fiat thing, I've seen the same on Pandas. 

This is also a thing with Subaru tailgates; the handle sticks and the thing won't latch shut until you shove the handle back in.

Late to the party here but pleased I turned up. What a fine collection of cars, I'm a LDV Convoy owner so can see the attraction there. I like those Austin 1100s particularly the earlier ones and Fiat's just remind me of screaming around the Derbyshire countryside in my youth. I know what you mean about saving cars and the whole 'eco' thing about emissions involved in construction. It's got to be better to use something for it's original intended purpose for as long as possible than use more energy recycling it... At least that would be my arguement!

I had a visit from bramz7 today.  In return for the red Multipla and some cash he left me this, seen here getting to know it's older brother, the 850:

post-17876-0-57663700-1551209100_thumb.jpg

The V70 is probably going to my sister-in-law as she's not appreciating the fuel economy of the turquoise 850.  I'll then have two very similar 850s and I'm not sure I can really justify owning even one!

In other news the Corsa has had the little bits of welding done and now sports a new MOT.  I need to apply some paint and refit the sill cover, but will be for sale soon.  I'll try it on here in parallel to other avenues as I suspect it will have limited appeal.

• 1 month later...

Hmm, how is it nearly 6 weeks since I updated this?  Anyway, the V70 diesel did indeed go to my sister-in-law early in March which meant the turquoise 850 came back.  Corsa sold within 12 hours of advertising on Autotrader (may have underestimated its value).  Silver Multipla booked for MOT the week after next.  And I'm going to view a Morris 1300 tomorrow.

So, getting back to the turquoise 850; it's now for sale.  I used it for the last three weeks in March, including trips to Lancashire, Sheffield and Birmingham, all of which it accomplished faultlessly.  It achieved approx. 32mpg over this time (I didn't use it much locally) which was better than expected,

Advert on Autotrader linked below, but would take £675 from anyone on here.  It's a really nice car with MOT until November, black leather interior (electric driver's seat adjustment), electric mirrors & sunroof, air-con, cruise control, CD and cassette player and some lovely plastic wood.

It does have a few minor niggles: mileometer stuck (showing 92k, true mileage thought to be approaching 100k), rear wiper inop, load area cover doesn't retract, has a few scuffs and a scratch on nsr door (which happened when SIL parked it near the station).

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201904046629458?

post-17876-0-82813000-1554403126_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-54632400-1554403155_thumb.jpg

My Dad had the GLT version but it was a saloon and in a not-as-nice dark blue.

My white one is a GLT with the 2.5 10v engine.  I actually prefer the lower spec, but bought it mainly for the colour-coded blue interior

post-17876-0-61913900-1554453297_thumb.jpg

It's now out of MOT, and I've found a few things it will probably fail on,  Possibly not a great purchase, but unless costs get too prohibitive it will get sorted.  Funds from selling the turquoise one will go towards this.

On the subject of your Punto, my mate James has one the same in green, but with plentiful lacquer peel and a freshly failed MOT.  Is wanting to scrap it, but I said I'd mention it on here just in case.

Drives very well, quite denty/scratchy, interior clean, underneath rather brown and weldy.

Scrap money if anyone requires such a beast. 

Reads 70 odd thousand but apparently had a recon engine a good whiles ago.

Can do some photos if required.

Does it have "hot bum" (heated seats)? Asking for the wife like....

It does, but currently not working.  Your question has reminded me that it was something I intended to look at so I will do so later.  I don't like heated seats so haven't used them, hence forgetting...

Yes it does, along with twin electrics.  I tested the trailer light socket and all works, 

attachicon.gifN207AFL nsr.JPG

Ok, colour me interested. I need to move the Transit on first though (which is already ongoing).

Edit - Just seen you're in Norfolk, might make the logistics complex. Not impossible though....