BeEP's motors - Pride MOT'd, Cinq starts, C1 for sale.

BeEP

Thanks!  The Punto isn't quite as mad as it seems.  Maybe I'll make a few pennies; worst case scenario it will provide lots of spares for mine which, for example, would really benefit from the almost new exhaust on the blue one.

The Corsa was only seven miles up the road and I paid less than CarTakeBack have offered for it.  I plan to use it for a month just to tick the silly semi-auto off the been there, done that list.

Part of the fun is just to get cars back on the road that others would just scrap (see also the Clio I had from D Spares & Tyres and sold to Angrydicky for exactly what it owed me).  Also, without wanting to enter too much of a discussion I firmly believe it's more environmentally friendly overall to keep (well maintained) old cars on the road than to buy new ones, whatever the emissions at the point of use.

Firstly in Horfield, just off Muller Road, then in Northville off Filton Avenue.

Ah, being a former UWE student (2005-2009) I know that area well! First year in the flats above what was Blockbuster and Motaman by the mini Roundabout. Second year in a place on Third Avenue. Third year was placement in Cheltenham (lived in Swindon). Final year a place on Dudley Grove. After Uni I lived in Stoke Park for a bit, then moved further eastwards.

My other half works in a School in that area nowadays too.

I've lived in the Bristol area since 2005 - it's the first City/Town that I have lived in. Coming up to half my life now! (Scary thought.

I enjoyed it when I was younger but I'm pretty sick of it now. Roads are busier than ever and feels nowadays like a London vibe where everyone is in a massive rush with no time for anyone else. Very much looking forward to our move out!

Some parts are the same but places have changed a lot even in the 14 or so years I have been here. Not least the travesty that is Filton Airfield. :(

Second year in a place on Third Avenue.

I enjoyed it when I was younger but I'm pretty sick of it now. Roads are busier than ever and feels nowadays like a London vibe where everyone is in a massive rush with no time for anyone else. Very much looking forward to our move out!

Some parts are the same but places have changed a lot even in the 14 or so years I have been here. Not least the travesty that is Filton Airfield. :(

I was in Ninth Avenue from end 2001 to 2009, so our paths may literally have crossed somewhere!  Know what you mean about getting out, I'm very glad to be in rural Norfolk now.  And about the airfield; I worked for MBDA, adjacent to Airbus and the airfield for all the time I was down there.

Hm, never saw that 1100 at the airport in all the time I was there. Where it was hidden away?

Phil

Not sure, but it was in a building due for demolition in 2006 as part of the airport redevelopment (when the A38 was deviated to take a loop around the runway improvements - can't remember whether the runway was extended or it was just to make space for fog warning systems at the end of it).  The 1100 had been there for a number of years and I actually collected it from just inside an access gate on the North side.

Corsa MOT prediction.

Drop link/s

Front coil spring/s

Hand brake cable/s

Advisory on oil pressure switch leaking.

And engine sounding rattly

We'll see, it's done less than 200 miles since the last test.  And the engine actually sounds quite good!

Just watch out on the semi-automatic actuator bit of them. They can and do cause problems. Often very suddenly.

If it does play silly buggers, you're welcome to borrow my Tech2 (diag equipment Vx dealers use(d)) ... even if I have no idea the best way of getting it to you! (Post but it's quite big and heavy)

I was in Ninth Avenue from end 2001 to 2009, so our paths may literally have crossed somewhere!

Most likely! I used to frequent Als Hobbies when it moved to the Bulldog end of the Filton Avenue/Gloucester Road. Also the Jolly Fryer was a often visited place when too tired after a day's uni to bother cooking.

Gotcha, that was just to make room for heavier aircraft landing and so traffic didn't have to stop whenever there was something flying over the road.

I was going to say, I don't think that was anything to do with Des White, was it? Heh

Phil

Just watch out on the semi-automatic actuator bit of them. They can and do cause problems. Often very suddenly.

If it does play silly buggers, you're welcome to borrow my Tech2 (diag equipment Vx dealers use(d)) ... even if I have no idea the best way of getting it to you! (Post but it's quite big and heavy)

Perhaps I should get rid whilst it's working and not play with it for a month then!  Thanks for the offer; will re-visit if it proves to be needed.

Gotcha, that was just to make room for heavier aircraft landing and so traffic didn't have to stop whenever there was something flying over the road.

I was going to say, I don't think that was anything to do with Des White, was it? Heh

Phil

The previous owner was a Leslie Cox, but he hadn't worked there for some time so it was a friend of his I dealt with who still did (and could let me in).  So it could have been Des White.

To get back to cars, have a couple of those previously owned...

1970 Maxi - the car I most regret selling as I won't find another cable-change version for anything like the same money

post-17876-0-69481600-1548883799_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-83656600-1548884119_thumb.jpg

1980 Metro 1.3S.  Bought in Yate in 2002, sold in 2004.  Another one I should probably have kept, if only for the interior

post-17876-0-98579400-1548884000_thumb.jpg

post-17876-0-42055700-1548884036_thumb.jpg

Last couple for tonight; Perkins Prima in differing applications.

Leyland DAF 200, bought following a link from Wuvvum in the ebay tat thread in 2015, put through a MOT and sold on

post-17876-0-33444800-1548886579_thumb.jpg

Maestro Clubman turbo diesel, owned in 2012 and sold to a chap from Herefordshire who turned up at 6.30 in the morning (I was still in bed) with a large drum of red diesel with which he fuelled it for his trip back.

post-17876-0-02098800-1548886860_thumb.jpg

Picture of 1800 slumbering under dust in the side of the shed added to original post.

I also forgot that I own a share (with Craig the Princess) of the vehicle which makes the collections possible!  So here it is, LDV400 with 2.5 litres of turbocharged (not that you'd know it) Peugeot power.

post-17876-0-48347400-1548948240_thumb.jpg

And to finish on a grump; went to fit the new Volvo 850 tailgate struts today to find that ebay seller had done an ebay seller.  Despite listing explicitly as for 850 estate (not just using ebay's rubbish fitment thingy) the sockets on the ends are much too small.  Grrrr.

Have a couple more Maestros,  Owned consequtively around 2002/03.  Both cost around £60 sans MOT, were driven to Bristol from Hampshire & London respectively with a test booked for the following morning, and both then used as daily drivers until the next car appeared (1.3HLE replaced 1.6L, and was in turn replaced by a 1972 Maxi).

Very early 1.6L, 4 speed gearbox and leaked from the windscreen seal over the passenger seat (and hence passenger if there was one).  My photo skills back then were even worse than now!

post-17876-0-12434300-1548964541_thumb.jpg

Earlyish 1.3HLE.  Sold to someone also in Bristol and spotted occassionally over the next few years.

post-17876-0-26224200-1548964723_thumb.jpg

Both still on DVLA database, but off road since 2006/2007 respectively.

Sandglow Allegro 2 door rescued in 2011.  Bumpers were both mangled, so as it was already a bit tatty all round I fitted mk3 bumpers and Maestro van wheels for a slight Allegro Streetwise look.  MOT'd and sold on, it has never been submitted for another test, despite actually being a very solid car.

post-17876-0-28049900-1549048727_thumb.jpg

As alluded to higher up, the rather nice turquoise Volvo 850 has now moved on to my sister-in-law, and I've got this heap to deal with in return!  Engine is rattlier than a thousand babies at a baby rattle convention; it will just about run but terminal non-runningness is imminent.  Will give it a quick go on Gumtree (I know, I know) at a fracton above scrap valiue in case it can be of use to someone for spares, but assuming not then CarTakeBack will be summoned.  In the unlikely event that any masochists on here are interested, it's even got a quarter of a tank of fuel to help you set fire to it when you've finished pilfering!

post-17876-0-85574600-1549654116_thumb.jpg

Bristol related. Did anyone save/know what happened to the FIAT 132 that occasionally appeared on Muller road?

Assume long gone to the scrap bin.

When was that?  My aunt & uncle used to live on Filton Ave so I was round that area of Bristol quite regularly, and I don't recall a 132 on Muller Road - I'd've remembered it if I'd seen it.