Volvo 240 Torslander

95 quid Peugeot

Since a post on the forum i've had a fair few peeps ask for details,

Volvo 240 Torslander 1993

Not been used for last 6 years, currently on SORN and stored in the dry under cover in the garage.

This car has been extremely loved and pampered in the past, it has a superb and comprehensive history file with virtually every bill,and invoice from new, lots of old MOT and tax discs to prove its provenance.

Interior excellent hardly shows any wear for its age and belies its mileage of 192K .

Exterior dent free. original Torslander wheels.

Following it's storage, i replaced the battery and it started instantly, well what would you expect from a 240!. Drives fine.

It's a good sensible classic.

Bearing in mind its age and time in storage, it's not 100% perfect, and being 100% honest there a couple of minor points to address.

Bonnet lacquer good do with a light polish

Couple of tiny rust perforations on boot sill lip, these cant be seen with boot shut.

All in all a small amount of work to make into a appreciating asset.

The positives more than outweigh and negatives 10 fold.

Only reason for sale is purchase of a Rover P4 110, and 3 cars in the garage is a bit tight

Shitters price 1500

post-20451-0-84769600-1548752524_thumb.jpg

Have some guff from The Volvo Forum. 

240 Torslanda . Very few of this special model were made. They were made primarily for use in Sweden, as they were specially equipped for surviving snow and ice in freezing winters. These cars can be identified by Torslanda badging, tinted windows, plastic exterior trim (as opposed to chrome, which will rust in snowy conditions), multi-spoke 15" alloy wheels, and full-length body striping above the rocker panels. The interior featured only the bare minimum of extras with no electric mirrors, windows, cruise control, air conditioning and no leather upholstery. Because the freezing temperatures could cause luxurious accessories to break down more often than usual, the only features were heated front seats, power steering and all the standard heating systems.

Most of it is gash.  In essence, they're a DL with more rubber, less chrome, less kit, some nice wheels, go-fast decals and Silver/White/Red/Blue.

Probably a K. Reg...I could be wrong though?!

Very few L. Reg 240's were ever seen by me...in fact, the only L. Reg 240's i saw, were all white in colour.

Nice though, i like a 240 wagon...Ive probably owned 10 of these beauties in my life time.

10879687.jpg

I do want it.  I just have to weigh up whether I can gamble on getting my money back when I need it later in the year!

10879687.jpg

I do want it.  I just have to weigh up whether I can gamble on getting my money back when I need it later in the year!

He shoots...he scores...It is a K.Reg then, one of the last 240's made.

Im still kicking myself about missing out on a 240 estate a couple of years ago. It was in Autotrader, a GLT estate, 2 owners, huge history file, low mileage, massive property/gravel driveway...everything was right about the advert/car...................£1400!!!

It sold to the 1st caller...that car was a beauty, they are still out there, but getting very thin on the ground now.

Ooh, I do like a 240.

Bought this 1988 GL in 2011 with only 87k on the clock (after my XM turned out to be a special sills by Isopon owner-conversion):

post-17915-0-02032100-1548772251_thumb.jpg

Paid £370 for it; ran it for 18 months - during which time it required precisely a headlight bulb, a washer jet, and petrol - nothing more. The big squashy heated blue velour seats were particularly nice, and it drove very smoothly - even if the 2.0 redblock wasn't the most frugal of things. Virgo rims robbed from a GLT looked good, though they were going a bit porous and I probably spent the purchase price again in 20p pieces up at the air pump at the service station.

It had 11 months MOT when I got rid of it, but the tester had told me the back end was rougher than a badger's arse and it had a big welding bill on the horizon. That, combined with increasing rear axle hop while reversing, plus a general feeling that I was pushing my luck with such an old nail and something serious was bound to go soon, led me to bin it off.

I sold it back to the previous (second-ever) owner for £340, iirc, and he ran it for a while before he received an offer he couldn't refuse... I believe it had its last hurrah at Mildenhall Raceway.

In retrospect, I really wish I'd hung on to this one, as I love the styling on them. But then they were still very plentiful and very cheap back then - I was offered a red one for £500, but turned it down as I didn't like the colour! Guess I thought they'd be around at that price forever.

Still, this one does look ace... whoever ends up with this will be a real winnah.

Probably a K. Reg...I could be wrong though?!

Very few L. Reg 240's were ever seen by me...in fact, the only L. Reg 240's i saw, were all white in colour.

Nice though, i like a 240 wagon...Ive probably owned 10 of these beauties in my life time.

There is/was until recently an L reg Torslander in blue on a driveway near me. It’s been up on bricks for some time now though.

I’ll have to do a drive by soon and see if it’s still there. I remember it specifically as it was an L reg and they’re rare.

See, I'm not a massive volvo person, but I love these! A mates dad had one when we were about 10 in the late 90s, and I got a ride in it, it was like the engine wasn't on, and we weren't really moving, when we were actually doing about 80 on the Perkins Parkway!

Could never afford to run one though