Dave_Q

NORTHERN POWERHOUSE II - Wed 21st August 7ish PM Littleborough OL15

As mentioned on the thread for Northern Powerhouse Classic, I can't make it on Tuesdays anymore.

I'm sure the now longstanding tradition of eating a slab o'cow at Glossop spoons will continue regardless, but would anyone be up for a more Northerner version?

Proposal: 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month, so as not to clash with NP Classic.

Place: The White House Pub & Restaurant, Littleborough, OL15 0LG:

post-17573-0-56796200-1548716482_thumb.jpg

https://thewhitehousepub.co.uk/

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+White+House/@53.6573352,-2.0493041,16z/

The White House stands like a land mark high on the Pennine hills, with panoramic views of the surrounding moors and Hollingworth Lake far below.

The old coaching house dates from 1671 and is situated 1,300 feet above sea level. The Coach and Horses (the original name) is where “the young bloods of Littleborough having guarded the mail coach from highway men would seek recompense for their labours with vigorous applications to strong liquors”

Motorway access isn't great but who wants to drive on motorways? Has big car park and beer and food.

First meeting on Wednesday 13th Feb? 7ish PM?

Any takers?

Nice one all.

Just a note to anyone who isn't sure: guarding the mail coach from highway men then seeking recompense with vigorous applications to strong liquors is not compulsory, although it is encouraged.

Had planned on coming but missus Moog has put her foot down. I am off on mega mission on Sunday and apparently I can't just play cars all week.

Definitely be at the next one - will pencil it in already. Mx5 time next time.

Guest Hooli

I'm currently a maybe, I need to think about a decent night's sleep for the interview the next day. To say nothing of the garage bill due this month.

If nobody is going to come maybe we can do next week?

But I think we will have me, Conrad, Mally?

Squire lives nearish I think, anyone know if he's about?

The Junkman?

If you guys go, I'll be there.

Lift givage and dosh standage for Conrad within the realms of possibility, too.

I bet Ghosty will show up, too, if it comes together.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Saabnut
      I have mentioned this to a few shiters over the year and there seems to be some interest so I thought I would make it happen. It also gets the date into the AS Calendar before anything else gets organised for the same weekend.
      The location is half way between Lemans and Tours in Sarthe, Pays de Loire, France, approx 300 miles and 5 hours from Calais, or 120 miles and 2.5 hours from Caen. The date of 3-5 July is the Lemans Classic weekend, where there are great cars on track (where else will you see pre-war Bentleys power sliding and GT40s with glowing brake discs at night) and the car park is probably the biggest and best classic car show in Europe. The AS site is about 25 mins drive from the circuit, with easy access.
      The format is basically whatever you want it to be. The AS base will be at my place in France that a few shiters have visited. I am afraid the bedrooms are already booked, but there is 6 acres of level camping ground,  We will be travelling down from West Sussex via the tunnel and a combination of peage and back roads in a convoy of classics. You are welcome to join the convoy at any point or meet at the venue. We will travel down probably Thursday 2nd and most will return Monday 6th, but some will stay on for a week or two and you are welcome to stay on if you wish. The nearest bar is about 1km away, but 3km away is the famous "Hotel de France" in La Chatre sur le Loir (google it). You do not have to attend the Lemans Classic, if you would rather sit and drink beer (hopefully in the sun) that is fine.
      It will be up to the individuals to organise ferry/tunnel etc and getting there, I can provide camping ground, bogs, showers and a fridge for the beer. No commitment required especially at this stage, If you fancy a foreign trip with your chod, put your name down on the list. Nearer the time those still interested will get further details and the hidden location by PM. If anyone would prefer a B&B obviously they are in high demand around the classic, but I have a few contacts and could possibly find a room or two, but they would need to be booked fairly soon. No booking for camping is required.
      To give you an idea, whilst nothing is yet confirmed, the convoy down is likely to include a Gordon Keeble, a Rolls Royce 20/25, a Westfield, a Mk2 Jag and a Fiesta 1100. It will not be a fast convoy......
      Oooh La La, I'll help destroy the French wine lake
      1. Saabnut
      2. Inspector Morose
      3. Northern Monkey
      4. Monsieur Le Hairnet
      5. Bangernomics
      6. Chodweaver
    • By eddyramrod
      It didn't happen last year because I wasn't fit enough.  This year, and on the wave of having done Inverness for Christmas, I'm feeling up to a south-coast trip again.  This of course means there will be the usual Shiters' lunch meet at the burger van on Portsdown Hill, most likely on Wednesday May 13th.  I'll be in the wheelchair bus, sorry; MrsR has vetoed taking Hairy Pussy even before I've got it home.
      We will also be stopping each way at a Travelodge or Premier Inn somewhere in the Midlands, so there might be an opportunity for a Midlands Massiv Meet too.  Or even two of them!  It worked well enough at Cumbernauld!
    • By trigger
      Yo! I've been nominated (many times) to organise a shitefest next year, considering i can't even organise my own life then this could be a challenge but I'm happy to try and arrange something if there enough interest?.
      I've made enquiries at the Rose pub where we hold our East Coast Retro car meets on in Shotley near Ipswich, Suffolk (IP9 1NL) and she's more than happy for us to use the field over weekend for £5 per person per night if sleeping over, there are toilet facilities and the pub does good grub plus they have a large room for us to have a meal or maybe a quiz on the Saturday night?.
      I've also spoken to a friend who's a volunteer at the Ipswich Transport Museum and even though the museum is closed to the public on a Saturday he can't see no reason why we can't have the museum to ourselves for a private tour around and even the possibility of a bus ride on one of their historic buses which I'm sure a few on here would really enjoy.
      Now it's obviously early days yet but what i need to know roughly is how many of you shitters be interested in this and i need to give the pub a date as their field is getting booked up so that we can secure for our chosen weekend.
    • By Saabnut
      Anyone else going? UKSaabs is having a show there again this year, so do stop by and say hello.
      One of the advantages of having a stand is you get a code so your club members can get a discount on admission prices on the Saturday and Sunday. Not a huge amount of saving but anything is welcome. They insist that only members can get the discount code, but as you lot are all* members of UKSaabs if you want the code, drop me a PM and it will come back by return.
    • By egg
      Thought we'd try and get a Sunday afternoon meet in before the clocks go back.

Usual Cafe on the A249 northbound. I think it has changed it's name again when I went past this week, so no website link for now (was Mickey's Rock Café and then Bangers Diner).

Note your interest here.