Dave_Q

NORTHERN POWERHOUSE II - Wed 21st August 7ish PM Littleborough OL15

As mentioned on the thread for Northern Powerhouse Classic, I can't make it on Tuesdays anymore.

I'm sure the now longstanding tradition of eating a slab o'cow at Glossop spoons will continue regardless, but would anyone be up for a more Northerner version?

Proposal: 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month, so as not to clash with NP Classic.

Place: The White House Pub & Restaurant, Littleborough, OL15 0LG:

post-17573-0-56796200-1548716482_thumb.jpg

https://thewhitehousepub.co.uk/

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+White+House/@53.6573352,-2.0493041,16z/

The White House stands like a land mark high on the Pennine hills, with panoramic views of the surrounding moors and Hollingworth Lake far below.

The old coaching house dates from 1671 and is situated 1,300 feet above sea level. The Coach and Horses (the original name) is where “the young bloods of Littleborough having guarded the mail coach from highway men would seek recompense for their labours with vigorous applications to strong liquors”

Motorway access isn't great but who wants to drive on motorways? Has big car park and beer and food.

First meeting on Wednesday 13th Feb? 7ish PM?

Any takers?

Nice one all.

Just a note to anyone who isn't sure: guarding the mail coach from highway men then seeking recompense with vigorous applications to strong liquors is not compulsory, although it is encouraged.

Guest Hooli

Can the OP be tagged as an Event so this is easier to find please.

Had planned on coming but missus Moog has put her foot down. I am off on mega mission on Sunday and apparently I can't just play cars all week.

Definitely be at the next one - will pencil it in already. Mx5 time next time.

Guest Hooli

I'm currently a maybe, I need to think about a decent night's sleep for the interview the next day. To say nothing of the garage bill due this month.

If nobody is going to come maybe we can do next week?

But I think we will have me, Conrad, Mally?

Squire lives nearish I think, anyone know if he's about?

The Junkman?

If nobody is going to come maybe we can do next week?

But I think we will have me, Conrad, Mally?

Squire lives nearish I think, anyone know if he's about?

The Junkman?

If you guys go, I'll be there.

Lift givage and dosh standage for Conrad within the realms of possibility, too.

I bet Ghosty will show up, too, if it comes together.

Guest Hooli

I'd like to do this, but it's just a bad week for me.

Have fun all.