Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

You've bought a car for £58? I bet it'll be fine*

*massively broken

Confession. It wasnt really £58.

Whoop .... Back in the game... Old shit peas is here....

£58 ... That's less than a couple of private dances in some lapdancing establishments.

So as long as you spend more than ten minutes and get stuff you are on to a winner!

Confession.  It really wasnt really £58.

Selling the n n n nineteen already?

As always, possibly.

AH HA!! Subterfuge!

Looks alright that. Number plate would suit electrician.

Couldn't you have found one nearer?

Nearer ones are not as much fun.

Lifted the shitty old universal thick rubber mats up and was amazed at how fresh the carpets actually are.

attachicon.gif20190308_124536.jpg

Also noted that the thick rubber mat was robbing the throttle pedal of its last portion of travel.

We can't have that.

Out the old thick universal mats came, and some old SLK ones are in there till I can find something more period and in keeping. And rubber.

attachicon.gif20190308_124759.jpg

attachicon.gif20190308_124743.jpg

I know I probably go on a bit much about floor mats, and for that I do apologize.

I must haz mats, feels so wrong to drive commando. I make my own rubber mat to go over the carpet mats, using some of that thin ribbed rubber matting. I find it saves the carpet mat rubbing through and is easier to just shake it off every so often. The rubber is quite grippy so doesn't really ride up under the pedals very much, the occasional correction of mat position. I trace around the carpet mat, then cut the rubber mat with a Stanley knife.

If a 'mat over a mat' seems a step to,far, you can alsways rid of the carpet mat, but like I says, the rubber is only a few mm thin so not like your knees are rubbing the headlining. It is very hardwaring and durable

I must haz mats, feels so wrong to drive commando. I make my own rubber mat to go over the carpet mats, using some of that thin ribbed rubber matting. I find it saves the carpet mat rubbing through and is easier to just shake it off every so often. The rubber is quite grippy so doesn't really ride up under the pedals very much, the occasional correction of mat position. I trace around the carpet mat, then cut the rubber mat with a Stanley knife.

Agreed.  I get itchy in a car with no mats.  I dont like not having rubber ones now.  Quite a specific quirk. 

I'm confused,  this is what you said about the last one...

I hate it to be honest.

The pedals are all very close together, and I have size 12 and a half feet.  Dunno what I was thinking.  Should have done a bit of research before buying one!

Most likely try and persevere with is for a bit, then give up and sell it.

As is my M.O.

I'm confused, this is what you said about the last one...

I hate it to be honest.

The pedals are all very close together, and I have size 12 and a half feet. Dunno what I was thinking. Should have done a bit of research before buying one!

As is my M.O.

This is AutoShite, things don't need to make sense

I'm confused,  this is what you said about the last one...

I hate it to be honest.

The pedals are all very close together, and I have size 12 and a half feet.  Dunno what I was thinking.  Should have done a bit of research before buying one!

As is my M.O.

Yeah. I had a good laugh when I read that.  I'd pretty much forgotten about hating the last one.  Memory through rose tinted spectacles maybe.

I only dug that thread up after I'd bought this new one.

Be interesting to see if I still hate this one too.  I should, because its the same. Maybe I'll forgive it its dimensions this time round.  Certainly worked with the second SLK.

We shall see what difference four years make.