Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

I’ve got 2 claims to John Cleland fame: 

1) My dad bought a Volvo 850r from him at his Volvo dealership in Galashiels

2) I fixed his sons bike- he once went mental at me down the phone for losing some parts when I worked at the local bike shop. 

he still has a BTCC Cav, I saw him race it at Oulton last year 👍

16 minutes ago, loserone said:

I think this is possibly the only Vauxhall I'd make room in the bed for.

Ditto, I had a J plate 1.7td GLS in Burgandy in late 90's, best car of eva,  did 100k miles in it, still miss it, blew £10k on replacing it with a Passat 110tdi , will defo have some tickets when the time comes..

My dad went through 4 as company cars in mid 90s.

I was allowed to drive them on the company insurance - so I did.

One green Gls TD was the steed that took us 5 up, to a rave in Wales on a hill, almost rolled on a forest road when driving down a windy trail being rally driver.

Another one was regular transport down to Cornwall to go surfing and a third was the weapon of choice to impress girls when handbrake turning into the school road.

The hatchbacks meant that they are pretty decent with the seats down.

Do love a cav, dad upgraded from an mk2 1.6l to a mk3 on an f plate as a company car when I was about 10/11 and it was light years ahead of the old one (the car of tomorrow, today - if I remember the advertising blurb correctly).

i had a 2.0CDi as a youth and brother had an Sri, 15bhp more versus wood veneer and velour, not to mention my party tricky of over inflating the rear air shocks from a nozzle in the boot and making the back as stable as Bambi on ice....

...after I crashed that one through a hedge backwards, I got a newer Cdx and loved it, although it started tripping light fuses.

Naturally, my idiotic teenage solution was a bigger fuse to give me time to walk round the car and figure out the problem.

However, having swapped the fuse and turned on the ignition, as I approached the rear to inspect the lights, I was struck by the sight of what I took as exhaust gasses clouding (odd for a sunny day), except I hadn’t turned the engine on just the ignition.

in one of those slow-mo-horror realizations, that was further confirmed by the acrid smell of wire shielding hitting my nose, I realised it was actually a small electrical overload in progress.

Fortunately it didn’t take hold as I dashed for the keys and cut the power.

A less* scrupulous person would have no doubt traded it in with a dealer in daylight for an equally battered Honda Prelude.