Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* improvements*

Jim Bell

Do these do veg then?

I’m totally hooked on the veg idea at the Mo

If LP says it do, it do.

I'm gonna start on a low mix and see how it gets on. Should be grand now the sun's out. This thing starts without a warm cycle (I forgot it was a diesel) so hopefully it'll be good. Just need a stock of filters.

Noooooooooooo

It’s an epic pump, they don’t do veg great. There’s no lift pump so it’ll struggle pulling all the way from the tank.

And unless something is broke it’ll comfortably do 30mpg town near 60mpg on a run.

Please don’t fuck it by pouring veg in the tank. That would be a proper ha’pence of tar proceedure IMO

If LP says it do, it do.

I'm gonna start on a low mix and see how it gets on. Should be grand now the sun's out. This thing starts without a warm cycle (I forgot it was a diesel) so hopefully it'll be good. Just need a stock of filters.

Direct injection diesels don't need a lot of heat to start, that's just the nature of them.

If it gets to a point where you have to crank for more than a few seconds you're using too much veg. Long cranking times can cause veg to pollute the sump.

Top tip, the spin on fuel filter for this is expensive but the fuel filter for a Land Rover Defender TDi is a third of the price and fits just the same.

Noooooooooooo

It’s an epic pump, they don’t do veg great. There’s no lift pump so it’ll struggle pulling all the way from the tank.

And unless something is broke it’ll comfortably do 30mpg town near 60mpg on a run.

Please don’t fuck it by pouring veg in the tank. That would be a proper ha’pence of tar proceedure IMO

It's a Bosch VP37 pump, there's nothing wrong with a bit of veg as long as you're careful.

It's a good looking motor - bodywise looks to be in fine condition……… I have this weird tic though, I can't see an older Volvo saloon..... I just ALWAYS expect anything other than C30 or V40 to be estates!  

Have you researched just how much Veg it'll accept before you endanger its existence? I'd be affeared of overdoing it.

Good luck fella - looks to be a nice find.

It's a good looking motor - bodywise looks to be in fine condition……… I have this weird tic though, I can't see an older Volvo saloon..... I just ALWAYS expect anything other than C30 or V40 to be estates!

Have you researched just how much Veg it'll accept before you endanger its existence? I'd be affeared of overdoing it.

Good luck fella - looks to be a nice find.

They did make EVEN OLDER saloons.

Filthyjohn had a 740 six pot derv.

Click link \/

VID-20190417-WA0018.mp4

You fuckers have got me worried about running veg through it now!

They did make EVEN OLDER saloons.

Filthyjohn had a 740 six pot derv.

Click link \/

attachicon.gifVID-20190417-WA0018.mp4

You fuckers have got me worried about running veg through it now!

I KNOW!!! I'm a lover of Amazons………. but I just can't get my head to compute the intervening 20yrs! It's like I'm saturated with estates from all and sundry - so a saloon showing up screams ABNORMAL!!!!! RUN!!!!!

I am a fucking weirdo though - so that explains it...……. 

good luck with the tank fella - dribble in the veg and see how it goes……… nothing ventured etc...

Interesting fact.

Car only came with the one key.

post-5435-0-15524700-1555612887_thumb.jpg

Just looks like a normal key I thought. And it's pre-millenium. I'll just get another key cut.

And I did.

post-5435-0-59470800-1555612952_thumb.jpg

Then I got a surprise. The new key unlocks the doors, boot, glove box, and operates the ignition, but won't start the car. It'll spin but won't catch. So guessing there actually is a transponder in the key and the car is witholding fuel?

Shame like. But interesting to know.

I'd recommend getting another key cut and taping the transponder key somewhere in the area of the steering column, that way it should always start and no-one will ever know :D

Piece of piss to get a working copy with a transponder, £50 at timpsons.

Thats a really good shout man.  Think I'll do just that.

They need a code, but otherwise they are a straight swap :)

And an incredibly easy swap!  Pop the two little lug things out with a small coin/screwdriver/fingernail and just pull the unit out with them.  My recently sold turquoise 850 had the 'premium' combined cd/cassette version but no code.  The local Volvo dealer supplied said code for free.  If you end up needing a code but your dealer isn't so accommodating I can pass on their details or even pop in and see if they'll do the same again.