Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

So what's been going on with this 406 coupe, I hear absolutely none of you queueing up to shout. 

Well, the throttle cable was stretched slacker than a dockers pocket making BIG NEGS on throttle pedal travel, speed, acceleration and drivability. 

A man in overalls was consulted and chins stroked. 

A fix was employed using clips and lashings of SPECIAL STRONG SPEED TAPE.

"That's probably stronger than a new cable. I'm confident that'll see the car out."

Was the verdict. That'll do for me. He's never been found lacking yet. 

The car is now transformed. It's become fast. Like a sports car. Not VERY like a sports car mind, but more like a sports car than it was. The wheels spin with ease now, shining a spotlight of shame on the front tyres, which are ok in the dry but deadly in the damp. Odd as they're a good brand. I'll just pray for a dry winter for now. 

After the success of cabling, moved on the the EML and ANTI POLLUTION FAULT. 

"I'll knock the light off now, and again for MOT"

Apparently almost anything can be the cause of this code, and changing everything sometimes still leaves it on. 

IMG_20191129_170442.thumb.jpg.23f7396bc43a3e801dc295b35d4d4d26.jpg

Fortunately DUZ NOT EFFECT DRIVE OFF CAR so do a good ignore at it. 

IMG_20191204_095159.thumb.jpg.5bc5bf7eaf16661ac80f326bbeaebc18.jpg

Fuk of eml

2 hours ago, tapir said:

@Jim Bell car looks great and good news on the cheap fixes, can I ask what the box of tricks is - assume ELM327? does it need a phone or is it stand alone? looks handy

Just a cheapy affair. Runs hard from OBD2 plug.  

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254336409474

• 2 weeks later...
On 24 November 2019 at 8:34 PM, Jim Bell said:

The correct answer is:

D) they went much worse. 

I think somebody in Paris said " Fuck the Italians, what have they ever done for us?"  " We can design and build our own halo cars , merci beucoup!" 

Our  2.0 dizzler one has the same pollution warning, but only since it was MOTed a couple weeks ago, it is doing 46 mpg and pulls like a train though , so I'll worry about it if it looks like it might make it to another MOT.