Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

• Jim Bell changed the title to Shitting in the shallow end, And It's Live!

Well there's not much excitement so far. 

News from the smallest room is that we shall be starting the day with a p.c. of 1. 

IMG_20220108_054439258.thumb.jpg.42ae63553f0d67d160ad33dcdd4ec2dd.jpg

Weather is bleak. 

It's dark, wet, cold and black. Like the worst coffee. No snow though, so that's a Brucey bonus. 

IMG_20220108_060539652.thumb.jpg.635dedd167312eb922b4a1d5502546c1.jpg

Hello big train house. Seems like I havnt seen you for years and years. 

IMG_20220108_061329972_HDR.thumb.jpg.5d5ec376af485e8b2aba5cddce7076da.jpg

First bad news of the day. Gregg's opens at 0630. Guess what time my train is?

IMG_20220108_061334246_HDR.thumb.jpg.d6d97265386403bc24a3c28e191f0b12.jpg

IMG_20220108_061908666.thumb.jpg.ca4e2fbf773fbe85a58ea1de2c0df1ac.jpg

Bugger.  

We are now passing....... Durham. 

1186215.thumb.jpg.c63bb48e4ac41142161a58e2ed18cfbf.jpg

Tourist trivia. 

Durham was founded in 1935 by Geoffrey Durham, first husband of the late Victoria Wood. 

Formerly a pit village with a posh celebrity church, the arrival of Mr. Durham kick-started a resurgence of good fortune for the town and his trade mark catchphrase "Peef Paff Poof" can be seen carved into the pale sandstone frontages of many on the municipal buildings in the old quarter. 

Durham FC play in the Zanussi Northern Premiership. They won their last game against Spennymoor Racing 1-0. 

We are currently arriving in: Darlington. 

Tourist trivia

Darlington is most famous for its Celebrity Cannibal Killer David Harker whom devoured the thigh meat of his victim along with pasta and a can of Carlsberg Special Brew. 

0_PAY-David-Harker.thumb.jpg.dc9d4d0efbb352b57a82838650459de9.jpg

He was subsequently banned from all present and future series of both MasterChef, Jnr MasterChef and The Great British Bake Off. He was also sent to the jail. 

Darlington FC went bust in 1997 but reformed as Darlington Railway 42069 in 2001. They play in the Radox Eastern Conference. Their current top scorer Clint Lozenge once had a trial in Manchester. 

But it was for breaking and entering. 

We will soon be arriving at:

Northallerton. 

Tourist info:

This year Northallerton got its first mobile phone mast. Unfortunately, due to the topography of the town and the height of the the buildings around the mast, the only place that you can get a decent reception is near the flowerbeds outside the Town Hall. 

QVNIMTIxNjAxNDgx.thumb.jpg.7af72f2180557940f555402268b91edc.jpg

Northallerton Railwaymen AFC play in the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Regional Division Four Premier League. 

Their current Goalkeeper, Terry Halifax, once ate 6 hot dogs for a bet. 

Is it time for guesses yet?

Im going to stick my neck out and say you're on the way to collect a diesel 205 in duck egg blue...?

Irrespective of any of that, I'm working today so a JB collection saga is just what I need to keep the entertainment fires burning and avoid death by boredom. Bravo!

As you were

Next stop is York. 

Tourist titbits:

York was actually meant to be called Fork, as it lies at the convergence of two major rivers. But when they were filling the forms out, they let the lad with the worst handwriting do it and his F looked like a Y. 

Undaunted by the error, the people of Fork (York) went on to invent the Yorkshire pudding and saving money rather than spending it. 

There's also a little road that looks like Hobbits and Harry Potter would buy their bits there. Not the big shop, but bit and bobs.  Magic cheese or haunted bin bags or whatever. 

vb34177794.thumb.jpg.1dfc6fd9e9059c6bbb8e33c6d8881825.jpg

Just now, garbaldy said:

Good luck on your travels  😉   take it easy as up here it's been freezing all night until it started raining about 5am and the roads are lethal, I've  been struggling to get any real speed since I left at 6 unfortunatly I'm heading norther too.

Take it easy Gary. Safe journey man. 

We are now leaving Doncast.

Tourist info. 

Doncast recently disbanded it's Association Football team after their star player and former Newcastle United trainee James Coppinger announced his intended retirement. 

The team was replaced by local singer/songwriter Clare Le Font, who now performs on the pitch at Meadow Lane each Saturday, accompanied by her uncle Derek on grand piano. 

Guz_Singer_On_Football_Pitch_DONCASTER-014.thumb.jpg.0bef532d1ebaea78854960ac51748d0e.jpg

Last week she was beaten 34-0 by Plymouth Argyle. 

1 hour ago, Jim Bell said:

Durham was founded in 1935 by Geoffrey Durham, first husband of the late Victoria Wood. 

Formerly a pit village with a posh celebrity church, the arrival of Mr. Durham kick-started a resurgence of good fortune for the town and his trade mark catchphrase "Peef Paff Poof" can be seen carved into the pale sandstone frontages of many on the municipal buildings in the old quarter. 

Durham FC play in the Zanussi Northern Premiership. They won their last game against Spennymoor Racing 1-0. 

Lord Wreath would be proud; this is to inform and entertain.  He didn’t mention counting poo, which must have been some kind of oversight or administrative error on his part👍

We are now passing Newark. 

Tourist info. 

Newark has one of the oldest vertically elevating transporter bridges in the local area. Google says it stands at almost two hundred feet high and has a span of almost five thousand yards. 

Dock_Bridge_Newark_June_2015_panorama_2.thumb.jpg.39d340dc1f8e25651533c32339e87965.jpg

257904-M.jpg.9cc50840aafdbe1ee32620a3eb7b252f.jpg

Newark Timberwolves play in the AFC East and hold the division record for rushing and sacks. 

We are now arriving at Grantham. 

Trivia fact. 

I once met Leslie Grantham (ITVs Dirty Den from EastEnders) in Jesmond. He was with an older fella and he stopped me in the street and asked me where the nearest bus stop was to get a bus into town. I told him there was a Metro station just behind him and that trains ran every six minutes to the city centre. 

He said "No mate we need a bus coz we wanna use our passes"

And he waggled his OAP buss pass in the air performatively. 

I pictured in my mind where the closest bus stop was, and then relayed complicated instructions that would lead him in the opposite direction to a flat I used to live at years earlier. 

He was starring in the stage version of Dad Army at the Theatre Royal that evening, so I hope he never made it. 

NINTCHDBPICT000413589009.thumb.jpg.aa463656789bd8677ba77a9e06a54112.jpg

Grantham Ladies are currently top of the women's football league and regularly play in front of crowds of tens of fans.