Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* improvements*

Jim Bell

12 minutes ago, Asimo said:

Good to meet you today and glad you enjoyed the drive home.  

That's a very good score on the mpgs, Storm Ciara tail wind or is it downhill all the way?

Great to meet you too. Loved the drive home and love the car.

I've just completed my Pen & Paper (tm) maths and the true figure is actually 85mpg.  Onboard computers can be known to exagerate slightly.  Not by much though.

It started getting a bit blowy by Nottingham and its whipping up a prestorm here nicely. Think it was timed just right.

10 hours ago, skattrd said:

I'm looking forward to your updates regarding how you get on with this. I assume this is to be your daily/commuter? 

That is indeed the plan. I suppose they are at their best on runs like this, rather than stop start commuting (which I guess is most of my driving) so we shall see how it gets on. 

I can see why they are so highly thought of in the USA (where the speed limit is generally 55). When I dropped the speed to 55-60 and sat between the wagons, mpgs just rose slowly and steadily, seemingly endlessly. At 60 they leveled off. Above sixty they started to creep backwards. Be interesting to see what mpg it returns with just a straight 70mph run over a couple of hundred miles. 

4 minutes ago, davidfowler2000 said:

Ah yes. I sees it now. Even specifically looking for it I scrolled past about 3 times.

I did have to work hard for that number and I wouldn't want to spend my life driving at 55mph so it'll be interesting to see what number it returns in "general normal driving" + a 70mph run up to the next Scotoshite.