Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

3 minutes ago, HMC said:

Lovely! Where’s this on the Peugeot trim hierarchy of the time? I’m seeing wheel trims so (relatively) posh?!

It's pretty base. An XR but that doesn't mean anything. No PAS, keep fit windows, but it DOES have working central locking and a rear wiper.  

That’s lovely, excellent purchase. The five door ones are much prettier than the three door ones (except the GTI) and it’s great to see a petrol one surviving. Even the dents are very characterful.

17 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

It's pretty base. An XR but that doesn't mean anything. No PAS, keep fit windows, but it DOES have working central locking and a rear wiper.  

These went GL, GR, GT didn’t they? So mid-range. Or XL, XR, XT if differently doored, and not counting endless special editions in gaudy colours with an unwelcome sunroof and some tawdry stickers evoking package holiday destinations.

I seem to remember a Bulgin article in CAR in which he borrowed a 205 XRAD and had to go away and look up what such a bizarre model name meant. He translated it as ‘quite posh Diesel van.’

10 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Hard to believe it's 30 years old. 90's French all seemed to be well rust proofed. My mazda of the same vintage on the other hand..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Yeah, I not long said to the missus "it's not bad for a 20 year old car". 

She said "it's 32 years old you fucking idiot."

When she's right, she's right.