Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

4 hours ago, Jim Bell said:

IMG_20190716_122950.thumb.jpg.cfde36774758fafdb921dc01443b378f.jpg

From the vid it looks like it's coming out the hose running left to right in this picture near the clamp. Can you take the hose off and see if there's a hole? 

I'd maybe remove the thermostat too and test it/run the car without it in case that's part of the problem?

1 hour ago, SRi05 said:

I had the same one in the Prelude upto last week, I thought the speakers were fucked as the sound had become so crackly and shit. Caved in and replaced it with a Pioneer effort from Halfrauds, only £35 and night and day difference. Think the cheap chinese one cost about £16 :D lasted a year tbf

Me too, the radio in the Scirocco has always sounded like it had no suppression, but the card playback started ok and has gradually become worse and worse.

2 minutes ago, barefoot said:

Me too, the radio in the Scirocco has always sounded like it had no suppression, but the card playback started ok and has gradually become worse and worse.

No idea what causes them to deteriorate so quickly, but was just relieved I didn't have to rip out door cards etc to replace speakers

It's not so bad when you can see where the issue is. My Exploder is using a bit of water and I've discovered a leak from a similar location, it's always a relief when you can pinpoint the problem. Fixing it is a different thing of course...

Is that red coolant or is it just rusty?

I'd imagine these are of the age where they should get the blue stuff, if someone's added red to blue then it supposedly forms a jellatinous spunky sludge that gums up things like engine blocks and radiators... Might be worth trying a cheap coolant flush product and starting fresh.

New thermostat housing from my estate has seemingly solved the problem.  Seems to be fine.  Passenger window, tyre, pulling steering, squeaky exhaust, shit stereo, bit of rust on the driver's door.

Seems alright.

Just catching up with all this and I really don't know what to say. This car had been my sole transport for 6 months and had never put a wheel wrong beyond dropping its exhaust on Great Western Road one wet Sunday morning, and reading through all this is quite sad. I knew the coolant was a bit past its best but it had always stayed inside the engine had never shown any signs of misbehaving like this, even sitting in heavy traffic on a hot day.

What's the diagnosis then, was it all down to a duff thermostat housing and now it's all working again or has it done an OMGHGF and that's why there's a picture of the head off it?