Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

I have a bit of experience with these:

(Well, it's got scratches and dents) - they all do they are really lightweight -so nothing unusual or sinister.

(Cabin blower only functions on level three) - pretty usual and quite useable on 3 - the other two levels are pretty anaemic.

(Drivers side rear cluster is French. Sometimes has a rest. A light tap with s finger wakes it up. The MOT man apparently perfected this technique during the last test.) -These unscrew in the boot and light pulls out to change the bulbs - its possibly a little dirt in the bayonet connectors.

(The passenger door doesn't like being slammed. It likes being closed gently.). These get sticky easily relieved by spraying WD40 into the mechanism via the handle and lock.

(I don't think I can think of any other negs) - I can assure you there are no downsides with these. Citroen poured everything they knew about small cars into this car which was a major step forward. High mpg was an absolute goal they achieved. They are very durable and drive like a go-cart.

Mostly easy to work on. I'm changing a radiator in one tomorrow. I nut, 2clips - pipes off and its out in 10 minutes.

(I've driven it nearly 500 miles, it's a dailly and it's averaged over 60 mpg so far). Absolutely right.

Don't hesitant if you like nippy cars.

If this is still available, I will take it. Will have to look at collection but think it needs to live in close proximity to the Renner!

Hmmm, wonder if anyone needs transport from NE to proper NE - maybe someone who needs to collect an Omega? I will cover insurance if the driver is over 25....

Of course, now I will win the roffle AX and have two of the damn things....

PM being composed....

If this is still available, I will take it. Will have to look at collection but think it needs to live in close proximity to the Renner!

Hmmm, wonder if anyone needs transport from NE to proper NE - maybe someone who needs to collect an Omega? I will cover insurance if the driver is over 25....

Of course, now I will win the roffle AX and have two of the damn things....

PM being composed....

Original interested party has withdrawn interest for understandable reasons, so consider it yours chief. 

Also comes with lovely bonus prize as its you.

Another PM sent.

Oh God, what have I done? Never even sat in one, and I am of the opposite of small in girth if not height! Still, this is what makes life fun!

I'm 6 foot 4 and 22 stone ish and manage ok man. If you're below those peramiters I reckon youll be comfortable enough!

Enter stage left the new FOR SALE and WANTED section of the forum.

Which sat down next to me one evening and showed me it's knickers.

And by that I mean that Loser1 sent me a link to a lovely looking car for sale.

Fast forward a few days and the lovely Bobthebeard pulled up outside in something boosty and well within my price range.

post-5435-0-71841300-1554132768_thumb.jpg

No collection Fred as it was very kindly delivered. Thanks BTB! Hope you made it home on the train ok.

post-5435-0-61902900-1554132843_thumb.jpg

So what is it?

(It's a time hole......etc)

It's a Swede but not a Volvo.

It's also a 2.3 turbo but not a Volvo.

It's somehow an estate but STILL not a Volvo.

It even came from Scotland at one point, and yet, it's NOT a Volvo.

It's a Saab nine five (not ninety five. Not niney fivey) with an autobox and a turbot.

Forgive my parking. It's longer than I'm used to (that's what she said).

post-5435-0-83018200-1554133346_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-42047900-1554133363_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-82831700-1554133378_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-18622800-1554133394_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-92236400-1554133408_thumb.jpg

It drives and rides lovely. Theres a load of adjustment features on the seats and steering wheel and a load of headroom so it's making quite a refreshing change after the AX and SLK.

Plenty of beans when you poke the thin pedal and it's smooth and quiet right through the five automatical gears.

Things to address.

It's piddling like a prostate pensioner at the moment. Right out the screen wash font.

post-5435-0-47698100-1554133677_thumb.jpg

That'll need investigated.

Also the radio is uncoded. Pretty fatal unless you like regular and expensive trips to the dealer so I may try and replace it with a generic Argos one.

Cup holder has gone all Julian LeSange and won't be prized out of the Equadorian Embassy/dash board so I'll have a poke at that.

Cruise works but pedal switch a bit too keen on disengagement. Worth a look and a play.

All in all its fantastic.

Many thanks again to BTB for deliverating it up to Nycassel. 5 star gent A++ ebayer.

Took the Saab out for a dusk potter tonight and gave it a bit of a hoover out. The carpet is immaculate under the Saab floormat AND house carpet offcut.

post-5435-0-86213600-1554145449_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-57246900-1554145467_thumb.jpg

Clean clean.

post-5435-0-61990400-1554145494_thumb.jpg

post-5435-0-39276700-1554145515_thumb.jpg

Tidy tidy.

The dashing dash at night.

post-5435-0-09550600-1554145549_thumb.jpg

Love it.