Shitting in the shallow end. *Bile Hatred* pseudo collection.

Jim Bell

Epilogue.

In summing up, the MAIN thing to remember is that any positive step is a step toward your eventual goal.

If you have a set back, do not give up. If you get drunk and buy a 1972 Datsun, try and say no to the NEXT Car you could Buy Tomorrow.

post-5435-0-23235900-1548492996_thumb.jpg

No is ok sometimes.

If you DO have a setback, embrace it and accept it fully. Even if it causes some pain in the short term.

post-5435-0-53791800-1548493088_thumb.jpg

If you feel that things are getting out of hand and you find yourself purchasing Roffle tickets on a dailly basis, do not hesitate to seek confidential advice from a medical professional.

post-5435-0-28286300-1548493198_thumb.jpg

Be well everyone.

Or be better.

I suffer no self doubt in my potential purchases and execute nothing but blind optimism up until I hand the money over and drive off in the car.

10:

closeup-young-optimistic-female-isolated

When it won't start 5 minutes later at the petrol station

courageous-middle-age-man-looking-450w-4

The the next day when I realise the full extend of what I've done.

crying-man-450w-193207664.jpg

Then when I sell it a month later at a 50% loss

satisfied-work-done-happy-young-450w-345

GOTO 10:

Well. You're not gonna believe this. Collections off. Seller just sent me a message saying that he's just noticed the pump is leaking (after I asked several times about it - xud9).

Not a massive issue for most of you but I CBA so he's returning the deposit.

I HAVE passed his contact details onto a Scotsman that has done the o rings on Lucas pumps before so it may yet make it's way to the forum.

What an anticlimax. Sorry everyone.

For anyone wondering it was a 309 Zest 1.9 d.

I think your therapy did help yourself though, prior to this session you might have bought it anyway, then paid a man another £400 to fix your £400 car before roffling it for £390 in 6 weeks time.

Obviously it's a shame the thread didn't get to climax, but maybe someone else with a CBT issue will buy it instead.

Buggeration.

Any chance of renegotiating or him getting it fixed?

He's firm at what I offered (which was cheap) and you can get anything fixed with enough money. I don't have a great deal of it ATM so just doesn't make sense for me.

In a thread poking fun at mental health, it's the wise choice.

Sorry again everyone, it really is such a let down.

BTW if it's a Lucas pump and it's just leaking from the throttle spindle, it's a pretty easy job to change the O-ring which will only be a few pence.

Even if it's the mainshaft seal it's not too bad really. 

Just in case that may help encourage anyone who's currently edging about buying it.

It really does look pretty sweet in the pics, I can see how a man could be tempted.

He's firm at what I offered (which was cheap) and you can get anything fixed with enough money. I don't have a great deal of it ATM so just doesn't make sense for me.

In a thread poking fun at mental health, it's the wise choice.

Sorry again everyone, it really is such a let down.

Not at all. You gotta know when to hold ‘em...