1991 Toyota Corolla 1.6GL Auto. Now on ebay

DoctorRetro

Good luck! Your advert is good, straight to the point, no waffle etc. The only thing (in my opinion) I'd change its the description of the bodywork. You say, scratches/ dents/ rust etc; it's honest, but the car is perfectly smart enough for something of its age and value and I think it may put people off with such a critical description.

I'd put something like 'bodywork has some rust and dents but good for it's age and mileage'.

Its about making it as easy to sell as possible - anything that needs figuring out puts people off. I assumed you have entered it wrongly rather than ebay suggesting that 

It might be worth sticking it in the advert or title as that really helps. 

Well, it sold. And he is on his way.. .

Wish me luck.

He's going to pay by PayPal when he gets here. Anything suspicious about that?

Possibly. There is always a small risk of a chargeback at a later date claiming item not received or similar.

You really should only accept cash when item is collected in person for an eBay sale.

You can only do it online Mon-fri between 0800-1800 anyway. Because....... Well fuck knows why.

Because 95% of people want to do it at this time, and the resources cost 33% of what it would to run 24/7

I believe that if they can paypal there and then, then they can transfer on their phone using which ever bank they bank with’s app (bacs’ing it across) and failing that, I am able to call my bank and request a transfer by dictating the destination account details though admittedly at 9.30pm those telephone lines might have been closed. I don’t like accepting paypal for anything to be honest as I did indeed experience a false chargeback previously