A roffle attempt to foist more big, luxury* chod on another shiter. Also foresail £350.

chodweaver

Yes, not content with having (indirectly) lumbered Barefoot's significant other with the Vel Satis of EPB doom, I have another sad sack of shite to offload.

2018 turned me into a serial offender where Chrysler Grand Voyagers are concerned, starting the year with one and ending the year with THREE.

One of them has to go, and it's the one that still has a month and a bit's MOT on it. I've had it on gumtree for a frankly very optimistic amount, and had some half hearted interest, but now I'd like it gone.

2002 Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 Limited auto with LPG conversion, mileage116k

LR52ZYN

I bought it when planning a family holiday for 2019, completely forgetting that while LPG makes these things almost affordable to run, they are not allowed down the channel tunnel, and the holiday is in Frenchland. It was cheap, because it (allegedly) had a duff MAP sensor causing it to be a b'stard to start and prone to misfires once it did. And logging a nice list of trouble codes.

On the plus side, this is all fixed. It has received a MAP sensor from my first Grand Voyager (that one suffered OMGHGF that I have not got around to fixing) but the real source of all the running problems was the connections to the injector loom - they were shorting out on the injector rail - I've remade all of these and insulated them properly, so it now starts and runs as it should. It also was leaking from the water pump, so one has been raped from the donor Voyager, as has the alternator that was pretty noisy. It's had an oil and filter change and proper coolant.

Good bits: er, it's big - really very big, (seven seats, second and third rows all removable) but should get close to 30mpg on lazy runs and running on LPG halves the cost of fuel. It looks nice from 10 yards, if the bonnet's lacquer peel is not in view. For cruising, these are not bad old buses with a decent ride, decent heater and heated seats. DVD multiplayer and probably a screen or two in the back or the roof. It is almost completely rust free. It's got two nearly new Uniroyal RainExperts and two part worn Continentals. No spare, though.

Bad bits: There's an easily audible knock from the bottom end. The passenger electric window has given up. The folding door mirrors DO fold, but don't stop in the right places when folded out, so have to be positioned manually. There's only one key fob and that doesn't work, but the key does. The central locking all works. I've cleaned it quite a lot inside and out, but it would stand a bit more. There's a crack in the windscreen that should be stopped, but I don't think it's into Zone A yet. There's a set of totally gross side steps/running boards: even though one has a large dent in it, they could be removed to earn some cash and their removal would improve the look of it no end. I haven't done it cos of a lack of arse.

Mitigating factors: it would probably break for a lot more than what WBAC are offering. But again, I CBA. If you want to make it a better long term proposition, I have another complete Grand Voyager which could be relieved of everything this one needs for a small consideration (door mirrors, window regulator, windscreen, even an engine). And the interior on that one is in rather better shape, too (less stains and no pin hole blim burn in the driver's seat)

Is there any interest for this endearing barge?

post-19003-0-86270200-1547673286_thumb.jpg

post-19003-0-52651200-1547673368_thumb.jpg

More pics available.

Do you mean "number 3, please"?

Three please, I know someone who would love* this

If you are inciting a roffle, I must say that I simply cannot* condone the buying of proxy roffle tickets in order to inflict said sad sack on another shiter.

However, if you're doing it as a token of appreciation or expression of love and respect... Crack on!

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

What are these like on fuel? Shit? soz 4 been a timewaster M9

oh and GLWTS 

ETA Should read posts im a plank soz just seen that this old bus is on LPG!

Lolz!

Yeah, they're not great, hence why some get converted to LPG. They're not quick, and going quick doesn't suit them anyway. They are however very good at long hauls, and handle and ride a lot better than they should.

My first one has a 66l LPG tank, and that would give up to 230 miles - a fill of LPG costing about 35 quid. I'm guessing the tank in this is the same capacity, but I've not tested it. I know the LPG system powers up and switches over.

I’ve driven one of these, it’s like a car but like a van so extremely useful for hauling large amounts of stuff. For what they are they are pleasant enough just to bumble around in. The one I drove was strange in the number of bongs it let out also the way you turned on the headlights was strange. Lights came on when using one of those sliding wheel switches. Column shift is easy to get used to. However, the handbrake was madness. It was pedal operated which is fine by me. However to release it you pull a lever under the steering wheel. There were two levers almost next to each other under the steering wheel. One is a clearly identified and easily spotted and falls to hand easily. That one opens the bonnet. The other is camouflaged to be the same colour as the dash trim. That one releases the hand brake. The routine was the same every time for a while. Hop in, engine on, open bonnet by mistake, put in gear and stop again immediately to close the bonnet.

For the amount of practicality (at least as something to haul stuff with), that is an absolute bargain. Tidy looking thing to boot. GLWTS!

I’ve driven one of these, it’s like a car but like a van so extremely useful for hauling large amounts of stuff. For what they are they are pleasant enough just to bumble around in. The one I drove was strange in the number of bongs it let out also the way you turned on the headlights was strange. Lights came on when using one of those sliding wheel switches. Column shift is easy to get used to. However, the handbrake was madness. It was pedal operated which is fine by me. However to release it you pull a lever under the steering wheel. There were two levers almost next to each other under the steering wheel. One is a clearly identified and easily spotted and falls to hand easily. That one opens the bonnet. The other is camouflaged to be the same colour as the dash trim. That one releases the hand brake. The routine was the same every time for a while. Hop in, engine on, open bonnet by mistake, put in gear and stop again immediately to close the bonnet.

For the amount of practicality (at least as something to haul stuff with), that is an absolute bargain. Tidy looking thing to boot. GLWTS!

The size of them is very useful. The amount of stuff you can take to the tip and NOT be refused entry 'cos you're in a car, not a van, is brilliant.

This one is not so unconventional. Yes, there's a column shift for the auto, but the handbrake is on the floor to the left of the driver and the lights are on a rotating knob on the dash to the right. What is weird is the way that Chrysler (/Dodge/GM) combine the courtesy/interior lights with the dash brightness control. I still haven't got used to that - if you want the dash at maximum brightness, you end up putting all the interior lights on, and there's about 8 of them...

You're right about the bongs. It bongs if you move while the handbrake is still on, it bongs when the distance to empty hits 95 miles and again at 55 miles or so. It bongs when the outside temperature drops below 5 deg. It bongs repeatedly if you open the tailgate manually while it's trying to close, lock or unlatch it.

Ta!