Eyerseys Motoring Adventures.

Eyersey1234

8 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

It'll be wanting a cambelt soon, interval is 125k/10 years but I usually recommend 115-120k/9 years (or 90k/9 years where 100k is recommended) on the DV6, your 1.5 is just a derivative of it. They're prone to failing pretty much bang on the interval and sometimes even earlier

Yeah I know Eccles will need a cambelt soon. I wonder why some sources say 112500 and others say 125k.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/26/2022 at 6:02 PM, Eyersey1234 said:

It's just as well I got the belts done today as it turned out the auxiliary belt was cracking and the tensioner of the auxiliary belt was more fucked than a Hessle Road prostitute.

We collectively bow to your superior knowledge 🤣

7 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

All good, worthwhile maintenance. They're good engines when looked after. Engine mount would have been taken off to do the cambelt so would have been a shame if they didn't manage to do it at the same time. They're common for leaking across the board, both my MK2s had to have new ones

The only reason it didn't get done at the same time as the cambelt was I used a mobile mechanic to do the belts and until the car was stripped down I didn't know it needed doing, so the mechanic had to order one in, ditto the oil seal.

• 2 weeks later...

Another mileometer moment yesterday. Eccles will have done around 11000 miles this year by the time New Year comes, which is low for me, its usually 13-14k a year. I need to get him in after Christmas to get the grumbling front wheel bearing changed, I'm also hoping to get up to Northumberland to see family at some point, which will add another 300+ miles.

20221220_090156.jpg

• 1 month later...